All reviewsgenesee riverview of the riverwalk along the riverfoot bridgebedroom suitesmall kitchenfire pitrochester universityoutside patiosocial hourevening receptionbeer and winefelt like homewafflesfree shuttlecollege visitbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 9 April 2015

Rochester University is just over the footbridge. In fact the hotel is much closer than the university's own visitor parking lot, which is served by a shuttle bus. I don't think any other hotel is nearly as close to campus. The breakfast room has a nice view of the Genesee river.

The beds were comfortable and I slept well. The decor is basic colonial, which is not my favorite but typical of extended-stay-style hotels. Staff were friendly, but we had to wait about 5 minutes to check in because the desk clerk got pulled away for some other duty. Breakfast was OK but nothing too special.

The neighborhood on the same side of the river as the hotel is primarily residential. However, there is a decent pan-Asian restaurant within a few minutes' walk.

If we visit Rochester University again, we will probably stay here. Good value.

Room Tip: River views probably nicer
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2015

Dear Guest-

Thank you for rating us! We are happy you LOVED your stay. Please feel free to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

I usually dont leave reviews unless I am blown away by exceptional service but I felt the need to share this very important info with fellow travelers and parents especially. I am usually extremely meticulous about inspecting hotel rooms upon entry. We arrived near midnight and I didnt do as thorough of a job as usual. Since the hotel is newer I gave it the benefit of the doubt. The cleanliness was OK, not what I'm accustomed to. 10 mins after arriving I had to have the extra linens replaced because there were dark brown stains all over the white linens (this should have been my first red flag). During my initial inspection I discovered a tiny brown and spotted flat bug that had appeared to be smushed within the glass framed art work hanging above the couch (bottom right corner of frame). Since I dont know much about bed bugs, I didnt think anything of it (second missed red flag). The morning of check out I noticed several itchy bumps developing on my skin - tender and itchy and some are in clusters. My daughter also has them and she and I slept in separate beds that were in separate rooms within the same suite. 36 hours later the bumps are still visible, red, itchy and bothersome. I did some research and it is clear that I was in the midst of bed bugs. Further research revealed a complaint from Nov 2014 regarding untreated bed bugs at this very same hotel. Please beware, unless experiencing bed bugs is on your list of to do's for your visit to Rochester.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Traveler61784
GeneralManager88, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2015

Dear Guest,

Please accept our apology for the issue you experienced while staying with us. Had we of know of the issue while you were here we would of made sure it was taken care of promptly. We have thoroughly inspected the room and have been cleared of any issues. Again please accept our apology for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Brian
Operations Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2015

This hotel is right next to Rochester University. With a walking trail right next to it. Minutes from the theater and stadium. Free parking and breakfast. Try to book early as rooms tend to fill up fast.

Room Tip: Lake side rooms have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LivinRVC
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

Reviewed 19 March 2015

A nice three night visit to the Rochester area. Clean hotel and a favorable price. Nice breakfast buffet. Different size rooms for all different needs. Not a close to city center as I thought. Right across river ( bridge connection ) to University of Rochester

Room Tip: You pay a bit extra for a river view, but it didn't matter in March since river was frozen
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 March 2015

My husband and I picked this motel to spend 2 nights at for our anniversary. The staff were friendly and helpful when we were looking for places to visit and eat. The room was updated and the breakfast was plenteous. My one complaint was that there was thick dust on all the hall tables and the one elevator needed vacuuming. All in all we had a nice stay

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest-

Thank you for rating us! We are happy you LOVED your stay. We appreciate you pointing out the table and elevators, we currently have a plan in place to ensure that they are getting the attention they need. Please feel free to visit us again in the future.