“Exactly what you expected”

Pete's Famous Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Pete's is the town diner and gives you just what you'd expect. I've had breakfast there a bunch of times as well as lunch. The breakfast food is good. Pancakes and french toast both tasty but lack real maple syrup which means not a repeat for me. Omelettes well cooked. Homefries bit lacking flavor (could use some onions and paprika or something). Panini sandwiches, grilled cheese, french fries, soups, all good. I haven't ever had an entree there.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

After discovering late on a Saturday night that the Beekman Arms/Delamatar Inn would serve no hot breakfast before 10:30 AM on the Sunday morning we were scheduled to depart, my husband and I wandered the streets of Rhinebeck searching for a place that would feed the 20 plus members of our extended family. Although they were officially closed for the night, Pete's opened their doors and gave us hope.
And sure enough, come Sunday morning, Pete's Famous Restaurant set up a table that could seat us all. Our servers were amazing, completely unfazed by our family's habit of arriving at varied times.
The food was really good, just like a home cooked family meal would have been.
If you want great service, tasty food, reasonable prices, and a true sense of welcome, then Pete's is THE place for you.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This is our favorite breakfast place when we visit my husbands parents. The service is great and the food is wonderful. Haven't tried lunch or dinner but if breakfast is any indication then it's gonna be delicious!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

It likens to the common, every-day diner sort of place. Service is good, place is clean. Good for a fast and simple meal.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

My husband and I lived in this area at one time and visited Pete's on occasion. We will never do it again. When we entered the four of us wanted a table with chairs. That didn't seem like a big deal. The server came to our table and brought ordered beverages. She standed on one side and kept reaching over our son to serve all og us. She easily could have walked around us. This wouldn't seem like a big deal, but the rest of the service was even worse.
I ordered a ham and cheese omelet with no potatoes. I am one of the few people who do not like potatoes. When my omelet arrived, there were potatoes mixed into my omelet. There was no way to eat this mess. Of course, they brought me another omelet on the same plate where the potatoes had been. So my family had to eat their breakfasts while I waited for my omelet and then they had to watch me eat my omelet.
I wasn't expecting an explanation as to why I had potatoes in my omelet, but I was expecting an apology. I am still waiting.