“Food is Good, But Staff Needs a Little Help”

Salvatore's Original Pizza
Ranked #20 of 51 Restaurants in Red Hook
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 11 August 2017

First off, let me just say, I'm new to the area. I really was looking for a place that sold good pizza and I found that ... so I'm beyond happy. The only problem is staff messed up phone orders more than once changing a Tuscany pasta dish for a Tuscan Cobb salad, even when we were pretty clear as you could be and another time, by separating all the veggies on Grandma's veggie pizza when we said to not do that, just mix them. (so they we separated into quadrants)

Also, last time I went, server ignored me completely, but was a little over-friendly with my guy. (some blonde with color put in her hair) More than once. Normally, I'd just brush it off as whatever because it's just foolish behavior, but to keep doing it? I rather felt embarrassed for her more than anything else as she was just a kid, but he didn't even realize it or show any interest back, which may be why she persisted. I don't know. Still, not very professional.

We also have to wait a bit for every order. I like the pizza though and will return (four stars is based solely on that). Just tighten up staffing problems a bit and it'd be a clear winner.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Have been going to this restaurant for years and will continue to do so. Food from both dining and take out are fantastic. This is our "go-to" place for take-out pizza.

For those who have not ordered from here before, you MUST add at least 10 minutes to their estimated time for pick-up, and even then your chances of additional wait time are at least 50%. Doesn't matter day of week or time of day - order takers always ask kitchen how long for the pizza and their estimates are always way too short - even with reasonable sounding times like 25 and 30 minutes.

Tried politely bringing it up once when a 30 minute time given on a 2 pizza order had exceeded 45 minutes and was given a lame excuse.

Never had any issues when Dining in-house - meals have been great with ample portions.

So, enjoy the food and if ordering take-out, just plan to arrive at least 30% later than the estimate provided for your take-out food.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Salvatore's in Red Hook has very good Italian food for the price , you can't beat it ,Italian comfort foods like pizza, chicken parm ,eggplant and so on ,not gourmet but you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 16 November 2015

We were looking for a quick bite while driving up route 9 to a distillery tasting and didn't have a lot of time and this was the closest place after we walked out of the Annex Antique Shop. They had pizza by the slice and that's what we had. Not expecting it to be that good but it was very good. I had the pepperoni pizza and really enjoyed it. My friends also enjoyed their slices.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Salads, pizza, and pasta are the best. They offer a gluten-free which is great for those who need to avoid gluten. Salad dressing aren't gluten free though. Chicken parm is very tasty and a huge portion that can easily serve 2. Friendly, fast service.