USD 192
USD 203
Home2.com
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George(Queensbury)(Great Value!)
USD 160
USD 171
HIExpress.com
USD 124
Red Roof Inn Glens Falls - Lake George(Queensbury)(Great Value!)
USD 144
Wakita Motel(Queensbury)
USD 176
  • Pool
1,730 results
All reviewsjohnny rocketskids clubtube slideslake georgememory foampremium suitesix flags great escapetall tales tavernpull out sofaloved the water parkfamily vacationbeds were very comfortableklubmattresseswaterslides
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Our family went to the great escape on the 5th to the 8th of march. I had read a few negative reviews so i was a little unsure of what to expect.
Check in was ok, although i found the lady at the front desk a little rude, i wasnt going to let that ruin my getaway.
Our room was 331 and the first thing i noticed when i walked in was a big pee stain on the toilet seat. It made me wonder how clean the rest of the room would be. After an inspection of the room it actually seemed really nice and clean and housekeeping also came up right away to clean the toilet.
We went to eat at johnny rockets and it was just ok. Breakfast was nothing great at all and pretty expensive for what we got.
The water park was very fun for an indoor park. The water was a nice temp, and the kids loved the lazy river. One thing i noticed was how good the lifeguards were. They never took their eyes off the water and were very alert. I felt safe enough to leave my kids alone at the river after seeing how well they were doing there job.
One thing that annoyed me was that i paid 13 dollars for a refill cup but the fountain machine on my floor and that of the second floor didnt work the entire time and the one at the main lobby was always empty of coke and sparkling water. I got the cup for sparkling water. I can understand not having sparkling water, but coke? That for me was unnaceptable
If i have to pick something that really impressed me it would be Ronny the host at the tall tales tavern. He would always fill my cup with sparkling water. This was a guy who took pride in his job and went above and beyond in trying to satisfy a guest. He is the reason my rating is 4 stars and not a 3.
Overall the stay was nice. The kids enjoyed it quite a bit and loved the bed time stories and the arcades. Would i go back? Yes. I feel that it needs a little attention from manegement to make it a better place. Maybe they should hire ronny as the maneger

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I took my daughter on Friday up to the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark. When we arrived early Friday afternoon (around 1:30) the line to check in was pretty long. It took about 45 minutes to an hour to get through the line. When we did get through the line we were told at around 4 the rooms should be ready (which is their posted check in time). When we stopped back at the front desk at 4:30 we were fortunately that our room was ready. The room it self was ok but, we noticed it was not properly cleaned. We found potato chips on the floor and an empty cup next to the couch. Overall the staff was nice though. The waterpark is on the small side and was fairly crowded but, we still had a good time. Overall I would say my stay was average but, I do not think I would return.

2  Thank cmitch525
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We travel to Lake George frequently and I grew up going to The Great Escape as it was a couple of hours from my parents' home . This was our first stay at the Lodge though, as it is rather expensive compared to other lodging in the area, and in the summer months, when The Great Escape and other attractions are open, the extra $ for the indoor water park doesn't really seem worth it. But, for a two night mini-getaway with the kids, in the winter, it was just right. We stayed in the themed room with a bunk bed "cabin" for the kids, which our 10 yr. old daughter really did enjoy. The bunks were a bit rickety for our 14 yr. old but it worked out with him on the bottom bunk. The room overall is large enough, with a separate pull-out couch, so if the bunks didn't work for our teen, he had another option. The mattresses are all memory foam, which are comfortable if you don't mind knowing they "remember" every previous guest ;-). Honestly, although the staff does a terrific job keeping the rooms clean, they are due for a renovation. But, the towels are above average in softness and fluffiness and there is a retractable clothesline over the shower to hang wet suits, which is handy. So, what the room lacks in newness, it makes up for in general comfort and convenience.
My sister said you HAVE to experience the waterpark at night, for your first time. So we played in the arcade (which was very clean and pleasantly quite for an arcade) until nightfall. The lighting effects were really fun for everyone, and make the waterslides exciting, as they are completely dark. The lazy river is pretty swift and as the park's theme is to look like a natural river, the concrete is not painted and can be pretty rough on your skin, so just be careful. With that precaution, we had a blast and the water park is large enough to be the main draw of a two night family trip. In the daytime, there is plenty of sunlight coming through to help you feel the summertime vibe.
The only food we ordered at the Lodge was a room service pizza and breadsticks deal featured on the back of our room's door. The breadsticks were awesome, the pizza average, the $ average. It was well-received and convenient after a night of water play. A bonus promotion offered during our stay, was to buy season passes at a huge discount because we were staying at the Lodge. Knowing how often we are in the area, and that ALL Six Flags parks are part of the deal, we bought the passes. That was an unexpected bonus. Time will tell if the kids had such a good time that they'll ask to go again next year, but we all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. It lived up to our expectations.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed in room 400, with a groupon. This includes the continental breakfast on the 4th floor only. The breakfast wasn’t anything special eggs, sausage, cereal and mixed fruit, juice and coffee.. in a small room that you have to bring back to your room.. not much, but convenient and free, not sure if it’s worth the upgrade price, but if your a large family staying together, it may be worth the savings to not have to all eat in the restaurant which seemed crowded in the morning.
Keep in mind all of the rooms have a microwave, Kureg type coffee maker, and drive, which you could bring your own breakfast and save some money.
My room could use some updating, bed comfortable, hole in bathroom door, and a stained chair, but otherwise seemed clean
Water park packed, didn’t seem to be enough tubes in the lazy river, people just walking through it, hot tub in water park, only half of it had jets, for a packed park, this should be fixed, as trying to watch your kids in this park, a parent needs a 5 minute break
Jonny Rockets, wonderful quick service, great shakes and burgers , reasonably priced
Enjoyed our stay, small park when it’s full, but worth the Groupon discount, would not pay full price though, unless the park and rooms are updated

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Don't book through a 3rd party site like Hotels.com or you will be penalized! Check in time isn't until 4:00, which I consider very late. We arrived at 1:00, 1/2 hour before our family members from CT arrived, because we were told we could use the water park starting at noon, and if our room was ready before 4:00 we'd be able to get into it. When we checked in, we were told our room was not ready, but we could call the front desk from time to time to see if it was, so we grabbed some lunch in the Tall Tales Tavern. The food was mediocre, and pretty pricey. After lunch we called the front desk about our room, and was told it was still not ready. Meanwhile our family members were able to check into their room immediately! We asked the waitress how the system works because we were there before our family members. She said if you book directly with the hotel, you get checked in faster than if you book with a 3rd party site. We inquired every half hour until 4:00 before we were finally let into our room by the very rude lady at the front desk. The hotel is in desperate need of some TLC, everything looks very worn out. The water park is small but clean, but the changing rooms and bathrooms were disgusting. There were dirty towels that the hotel provides scattered everywhere and there was a strong smell of urine in the changing rooms. Nothing is included in your stay, not even a continental breakfast. There is a coffee shop where you can buy breakfast foods but it is way overpriced and the muffin I got was extremely dry. The arcade now uses a credit card type system where you load it up with money and swipe it to play the games. Way too easy for the kids to spend more. The snack bar near the water park has prices similar to the Six Flags theme park. Very expensive! Johnny Rockets was reasonably priced and the food was good. Our kids had fun and that was the whole point of us going, but I would not pay $300 to stay there for one night again. We are close enough to visit for a day if we choose to, except it's $40 per person for a day pass to the water park.

Room Tip: You don't get to choose your room.