“Good Food With Huge Portions”
Review of Ambrosia Diner

Ambrosia Diner
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Queensbury
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Went after the races at Saratoga. Had a Reuben sandwich that was giant and I can eat with the best. The quality was just as good as the portion size. I must also give compliments also to the pastry chef. I has to take home my dessert because i was too full to eat it there. I had a huge slab of carrot cake and the wife had the cheese cake. FANTASTIC! I found my new "go to" place when we are on vacation. I recommend.

1  Thank PAUL A

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

This would be the definition of average. Nothing to complain about and nothing to be excited about. Pricey for a diner, but it's a touristy diner so I guess that's to be expected.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We had been here before for breakfast a couple times and thought it was pretty good. We were on our way to Saratoga and thought we would try lunch. I ordered a reuben which was fine, not the best I have ever had, but was good enough. My husband ordered the buffalo chicken wrap. When it came, it had been grilled on a panini press, which meant it was crispy plus there was lettuce in it, so it was warm, wilty lettuce. Plus it was advertised as mild, but was definitely very spicy. When waitress came to check, we inquired if he had gotten the correct order, because wraps are not usually grilled. She said it was and didn't seem to want to deal with it. My husband let it go but didn't finish it. She came by and cleared the unfinished lunch without a word of concern. When my husband paid at the cashier stand he was asked how everything was. He proceeded to tell how awful his lunch was. The response was , maybe she gave you the wrong thing, here's your change. Big mistake. Bad food is one thing but disregard for the customer experience is another. There are too many good choices out there. Probably will not return.

1  Thank vtsummergirl
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Huge portions of very mediocre, flavourless food. Turkey dinner was tasteless, watery mashed potatoes, dried out turkey, unidentifiable bowl of overcooked something green in bowl full of grease passing for "vegetable of the day", globs of tasteless, greasy, lumpy gravy. Prices outrageously high, especially given the low quality of the food. Unless your only concern is getting twice as much food as normal person can eat, don't bother. There are better diners in the area. Actually, every restaurant I ate at during the course of a two week visit to the area was much better than this place.

1  Thank RamblingGal42
Reviewed 16 August 2016

My son and I stopped here for breakfast. My son is a handful (autism) and I didn't get much time to look at the menu. He ordered 2 blueberry pancakes, 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon. The menu options didn't offer this combination, so our server entered it al a carte. The 3 items added up to $11.79! Outrageous!! Our total bill was $21.69 - not reasonable for 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, a breakfast sandwich and 2 cups of coffee. The pancakes & bacon were ok. The eggs were only fair. The breakfast sandwich was good, and service was okay. Next time we'll wait the 1/2 hour and go to the Silo...

1  Thank Jennifer L