“Delicious food, personal service”

Jacks American Bistro
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Queensbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant never disappoints. The host and owner, Dave, is the kindest, friendliest, person. His wait staff is the best. The chef, co-owner and Dave's brother, Christian, serves excellent, fresh, well prepared food that is always hot and delicious. Onion soup has such a depth of flavor and is served piping. Fried oysters have a very delicate batter and are accompanied with a red cabbage, raisin salad. The yummy mussels were served last evening in a chunky tomato basil sauce, and the sauce alone was delectable. Their haddock is very tender and a favorite. We always enjoy their hanger steak with the brandy peppercorn sauce. Oh so good. To top it all off, their double chocolate mousse is to die for. We look forward to our next meal at this great spot.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

If I could use one word to sum up my experience at Jack's American Bistro it would be Wow. I said wow to the food, the atmosphere, the staff, the experience, everything. Now, Jack's is located inside a strip mall but don't let that stop you from going to this amazing place. When I first arrived at Jack's, we were greeted and seated immediately. Our waitress brought us our drinks and took our order almost as soon as we got there. On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesday's, the bistro has a three-course meal (appetizer, dinner, dessert) for only 23$! I got the French Onion Soup, the Steak Frite, and the creme brulee. All three were incredible, as good as any five-star restaurant I have been too. I also ordered crab cakes which I would 100% recommend because they were AMAZING. As I said before, the staff was quick and friendly, the restaurant was clean, and the overall atmosphere was just very nice. The manager came around and spoke with each table, checking up on them. We felt very welcome. This is a restaurant I would come back to again. Just a wonderful overall experience!

2  Thank sumsulli
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We love the steaks! especially with the Bernese sauce on the side. Salads and side Veggies are so fresh. Tell the owner Dave, that the Barry's sent you!!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Dave and Christian are the best! The 1/2 plates are our favorite, because we can get three and share. The specials are always fun. If you like Liver pate ... its perfect!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We arrived a little early for a 6:00 reservation. Sat at the very nice bar, very friendly barman, old time beer cheese and crackers. Simple, but very nice. Well made drink. Sat and split a wedge salad, each had a steak, both cooked perfectly, sides were innovative and well prepared. A complimentary pate was served with hot bread. Moderately priced, with perfectly prepared entries. The restaurant filled up by time we left at 7:30. They deserve their well earned success.