“Best German Food!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2016

This was easily the best German food I've ever tasted. I went with someone who is German (like from Germany) and she agreed as well. We had the Sauerbraten, Jaegerschnitzel, Knödel, Apfel Strudel, Potato Pancake, Spätzle, and the Brie appetizer, and everything was absolutely amazing. The quality of the meat, the taste of the gravy, the texture of the dumpling. We literally went two days in a row because there were more things on the menu than we could fit in our tummies the first night!

7  Thank Melanie P

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Enjoyed a wonderful supper there. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. You can sit on the front porch while waiting for your reservation. The staff were friendly and fast. The food was amazing!! Prices are very reasonable. We ordered German dishes and we were not disappointed!! The serving sizes are big, so be prepared to take some home! Dress is casual, which was great for us as we had been traveling all day before our dinner reservation. I would suggest getting reservations as I am sure it is very busy during the summer months and weekends.

6  Thank KathyG2011
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Let's start with the good. My wife had the weisswurst with mashed potatoes, sauerkraut and red cabbage and she loved her meal. I had a Holsteiner Schnitzer that was savory and well prepared except for the eggs on top which were south of sunny side up.....how could you screw up frying an egg?! All meals come with either salad or soup. They offered German potato soup but later told us that it was asparagus instead. Come on guys....make up you mind. I did not want salad and I don't really like cream of asparagus so I passed but was not offered another option. Service friendly and appropriate for upstate NY but poor by international standards. Dirty dishes were left on the table.....not good. Finally, someone at the table asked for a Remy Martin after dinner and our waitress asked if he wanted it neat or on the rocks......cognac on the rocks?! The selection of German beers is plentiful and that would probably motivate me to go back but they really should get their stuff together.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

I want here as a date and could not find a babysitter last minute so I had to bring my toddler along even though it was a pretty nice classy place they accommodated with my kids quite well. The food was amazing ( & good portions too), the service was great the atmosphere was awesome, I would definitely recommend this place to anybody looking for some yummy German food!

5  Thank ursunshine0420
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

My husband and I ate here when we were touring in the Catskills. It is definitely a place to go if you are into German food. We chose to get the specials for the night which were not necessarily German. My husband got the prime rib and it was very good. It came with a salad, vegetable mix, and spaetzle. I got the roasted duck in orange sauce. It was served with the same sides. The orange sauce was very good. The duck was good but maybe a little overdone. It was somewhat dry and tough. It was a whole side of duck, so had to do the picking off of the bone.
The prices were reasonable for what we ordered. We also got desserts. My husband got apple strudel and I got rice pudding. He felt that the strudel did not have much taste. My pudding was very good.
My biggest complaint was that we ordered ice tea, and even got seconds on the tea. We did not realize that the refills were not free. We were even more amazed when our tab for the 4 ice teas totaled $12.00. Really, $3.00 per tea when tea bags certainly do not cost that much. To top it off, my refill had very little ice so was more like room temperature and even had tea leaf dregs in it. So it definitely was brewed tea!! I feel like I may have bought all the tea in China.

1  Thank Twingrandmom