“Cozy, Delicious, Quaint Local Italian”
Review of Piccolo

Piccolo
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 125 Restaurants in Port Chester
Reviewed 18 December 2016

My new favorite Italian restaurant near Greenwich. The new weekly changing menu is delicious...tried the zucchini and sausage risotto last night..mmmmmm. Friends had the Brazzino and raved. Peter the owner is so charming and welcomes us each time we visit. The cozy small space reminds me of my favorite Italian restaurant when I lived in NYC. The Frank Sinatra music along with other famous crooners will please all ages.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

We have been here many times and stopped in last week for the first time in a few months. Pete and Stefano are still there but with a few changes. The menu now is weekly which is nice but it did not have my go to Chicken Marsala. Also no paninis on the dinner menu, maybe just a lunch thing now?? My lasagna was excellent with a white sauce and a nice mouthfeel - cheesy and substantial. The Caesar salad another diner got looked kind of anemic. I was able to score a bite of the grilled salmon a tablemate ordered. Great seasoning but a bit dry but since they ordered it well done that was to be expected. The room is modern, but not trendy. Could use a better wine list. No dessert on this visit, but they have great tiramisu and a very good cheesecake.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I've visited this restaurant several times, and was very impressed the first time, less so the second, and neutral the third. I really, really want this restaurant to make the next step up because it deserves to be there, and we need a good mid-priced authentic Italian restaurant in the area that more people can afford to go to. I was wowed by the fried cauliflower that they often have as an appetizer, and you can't go wrong with a caprese and pasta dishes. Risotto on the other hand was fantastic the first time, but not the second. (Always a warning sign of inconsistency and a change in chef). I've also had fish entrees here, and it was OK, with the fish a bit overcooked, but my friends salmon looked fantastic. Will definitely go again, because I'd like to see them succeed. The wine list is do-able, and unpretentious, and the atmosphere is quaint and cozy with a medium level of noise. There is also a chance for some open air dining near the window facing the Main Street. My final note is always going to be one of the most important critiques of all: The bathroom....which is always kept clean, stocked, and no malodors.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

We dined here many times and loved it. But the recent chef change took awhile to recover from. But they are busier now and we are looking forward to visiting again for dinner. We stopped in last night after a few month absence to find a new streamlined menu and had dessert which was an excellent cheesecake.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Intimate and cozy place. Family run. Really good food in a nice, unpretentious atmosphere. Very reasonably priced. Good for groups & families.