“Great new restaurant! Needs more people to try it!”
Review of Rela Cafe

Rela Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Rela Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 125 Restaurants in Port Chester
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Reviewed 3 August 2017

My husband and I have been to Rela Cafe in Port Chester about six times. Each time we have had a wonderful meal and experience. Whether it is seafood (shrimp, wonderful salmon, or oysters, and I'm sure there's more that we haven't had yet), or salad, steak or chicken burrata,,,,you can get so much variety here! Looks like a good place for kids too, with lots of attention to everyone's desires and comfort here. The staff is super nice. We have had dinner and Happy Hour here. Brian, the bartender, is friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. There is excellent parking in the lot adjacent. Outside seating if you are interested, but there is plenty of space inside too. Oh! I almost forgot! The PIZZA is TO DIE FOR, and that's saying a lot in Port Chester, where there is a lot of pizza to try. Do try one of their pizzas and I would put them up against Fontina or anybody else, for that matter! Nice Happy Hour. THey also offer Sunday Brunch. Whenever you can, just GO! They need to have more people try them out! With their large space of seating, I think it would also be a great place to have a large group, and why fight the crowds at Westchester Burger nearby when you could go HERE!?!?! And no, I'm not related to anybody there. Ha! Just really wish more people would try this place!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Out fourth visit for dinner bathe outside has been improved with plants, a full canvas canopy and other additions. Very nice.

The bread is served warm with butter. I think it is semolina bread.

We shared the pear salad. Plenty for two. Very good. Many tasty varied ingredients and presented beautifully. See pic.

Once again we had salmon. It was prepared as requested and plated well. Tender and tasty. Wonderful roasted vegetables.

The service is outstanding. Very attentive, but almost invisible. Never in the way. Courteous and professional. At the start I asked for lemon with my water and it arrived promptly. Good sign. 80% of the time the server has to be asked more than once.

The owner also came around twice to assure everything was ok. Nice touch.

They have a great Sunday brunch that we will be trying.

I encourage everyone to frequent this locally owned restaurant. This is the toughest business with the highest failure rate and deserves to thrive.

Sam Marcus

Ben G, Owner at Rela Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed and we will see you soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We had passed by Rela several times in the past few months as we were rushing to go somewhere, always planning to go back and try the (relatively) new restaurant that replaced Arrosto. Well, yesterday we finally stopped, intending to go in for a cold beer on a hot day. Before we knew it, it was 5 hours later, and we had pizza, oysters, and fish&chips at the bar. We had made new friends with the bartender (Brian), the manager (Adrian), and several other regular patrons. Cheers may be a great bar where everyone knows your name, but it's a distant second to RELA CAFE, which has become a new favorite place.
Oh, and yes, the food was awesome.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

tried this place and am very happy we did. first of all it is absolutely beautiful inside and very roomy. the service is top shelf and the cuisine is five star. we had the minestrone and stuffed squash flowers for appetizers and both were to die for. I had the branzino and my dinner partner had the pork chop with mushroom gravy as our main courses and they were out of this world. we topped it off with house made desserts and coffee. I cant say enough about how we were treated and how professional the staff was and can only add that if you appreciate fine dining this is for you. you will not be sorry...enjoy!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

wide variety on the menu - from pizza to full dinners. food is very good - fresh and tasty. service ids getting better. on saturday night can get busy and noisy - especially near bar. they also have nice booths that offer a bit of privacy and some quiet.

recommend reservations.

recommend everything on the menu. pasta, salads, steak, etc.

see 16 photos of food, restaurant and menu.

1  Thank Boxter98