See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2018

very clean and spacious!! perfect price for anyone looking to save their money for the local area! People are friendly and there is a lot of local spots and businesses within a walk or a small 5 minute ride. My wife and 2 kids stayed for a week and had a great time. I would recommend staying here over the big places

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2015

This is a step above a homeless shelter, I am not kidding. I live in Pleasant Valley and I didnt act Halley think they rented rooms to people until I read these reviews. I won't even turn my car around in their parking lot. Sex offenders live there. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I just traveled through Southeast Asia for 4 months and have a very high threshold for budget accommodation, but this was truly terrible. I agree with the review titled "Wow, and not a good wow". The place looks ok from the outside but the room was bad throughout. The smell was a stale musty, cigarette and mold smell that permeated everything in my suitcase. The walls were covered in a variety of scuff marks, scratches, cigarette burns and other unmentionable stains. The carpet look filthy and when I accidentally put my bare foot down next to the bed it was saturated with liquid. I ran in the bathroom to wash my feet and wore my flip flops but when my husband did the same his sock was stained a grayish brown. I understand from local friends that this place serves as Section 8 housing and it's too bad for those that depend on this place for their home. The sheets actually looked fairly clean--that's the best I can say about it. Their aren't many options in this area, but I recommend traveling to another town, even if it's inconvenient. For the first time in many years of travel we almost abandoned the place but stuck it out for the night and now, thankfully, it is but an amusing memory, making most other places look very favorable.

Room Tip: There aren't any.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank IngasAdventures
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I came to Poughkeepsie because my Grandmother had passed away. I needed a cheap place to stay. Looked fine on the website. When we pulled in, the state police were "visiting" guests in other rooms. Every time we pulled into the parking lot, everybody who stayed there would run out and stare at us. The room was filthy. We went to the store and got our own cleaners to clean the bathroom, which hardly worked. The staff was odd, and had the personality and professionalism of rocks. Next time I will pay more and stay in Poughkeepsie. I almost asked for my money back, and went elsewhere, but stuck it out for the night.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
12  Thank skyla10
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Good service. For the price, this was a good place to say. Clean and quiet area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends