Cold Spring Lodge(Big Indian)
USD 228
USD 221
USD 94
Priceline
USD 248
Hunter Inn(Hunter)
USD 141
  • Breakfast included
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
USD 325
Official Site
The Lodge at Woodstock(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
USD 340
Black Bear Lodge(Prattsville)
USD 129
Hotels.com
All reviewsyogurtesopus creekfire pitdvd playercookiesthree nightsfront porchold schoolknotty pinewonderful hoststhe past yearscontinental breakfast ismorning coffeepicnic tableshome madean easy drivelabor day weekend
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I stayed here o Labor Day weekend and had a great experience. My friends Allen and Gisi recently moved to Phoenicia (love) and prior to buying their home, they often stayed here. I decided to follow suit and was very pleased. The property is family run with lots of warmth and care. There were warm chocolate chip cookies when I checked in. As I booked rather last minute for a holiday weekend -- I was only able to get a room (vs. a cabin) but my room was quaint and cozy-think- mid-century lodge. The grounds were awesome--2 hammocks--the real kind tied to trees, a fire pit, picnic tables and BBQ's and lots of lovely flowers. Great place to relax. Breakfast is served every morning from 8-11--with home made goodies. There is an extensive (and modern) DVD library and movies can be borrowed and watched in the room as each TV has a DVD player built in. The property is in a great location less than a mile from the town center and a lovely place to walk along the Esopus Creek. I'll rent again!

Room Tip: I would rent one of the cabins next time.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Devochka1267
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Our stay at Phoenicia Lodge in August 2017 was too short (2 nights) and the weather was not perfect, so we will have to come back one day! It's a very atmospheric and friendly place which keeps every promise made by the excellent and beautiful homepage. The little cottage we rented had very comfortable beds, a nice mini front porch and was very clean. The location is good, not too far from downtown Phoenicia ;-) and close to Esopus Creek. There is a nice breakfast in the office. But the greatest plus are the extremely friendly and helpful owners: When we arrived Brian gave us great recommendations and explained the useful list of hikes in a very detailed way to us. The morning of our departure we couldn't find our rental car key and desperately looked for it during nearly 3 hours... Sara and Brian took a lot of time to help us and even went to get their kids' metal detector! (Finally we found it in a plastic bag which was in a bigger plastic bag...) We highly recommend Phoenicia Lodge!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank elmotela
Reviewed 19 July 2017

These are primarily simple country accommodations. Many recent updates such as new floors and air conditioners. We rented two cabins and tow motel rooms all of which were very clean and comfortable. Fairly priced for the area but the rooms come with a bonus. A continental breakfast each morning with fresh from the kitchen baked goods.

Upon check in there were fresh backed double chocolate chip cookies that were out of this world. IN the morning, day 1 we were treated to blueberry muffins and days 2 treated to apple and chocolate chip scones.

The rooms had plenty of towels and the cabins a full assortment of kitchenware and a refrigerator. If you arrive prior to the check in time, there is a board out front that contains the keys for the rooms currently ready. Just return later to officially check in (and don't forget your cookie!)

There is ample complimentary wood to enjoy a quiet fire in the evening and to enjoy some time to decompress from our hectic lives. If you are a large group, bring some chairs as there is limited chairs by the fire pit.

We will not hesitate to stay again here at the lodge as the owners and their children make you feel right at home. We have been frequenting the lodge over the past 30 years and the current owners are tops!

Room Tip: The motels rooms are small but adequate. If you desire more space try to get the larger cabins but they do get booked quickly.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Anthony T
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We stayed three nights at the Lodge and really enjoyed the accommodations. We were in one of the motel rooms and it was small and spare but clean and neat as a pin. It was perfect for our needs and we loved being in this older, well-maintained facility. Host was extremely helpful with local information to eat and hike. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 158Mary2017
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Phoenicia Lodge is affordable and in a great location for hikers like myself. It's on Rt 28 in Phoenicia and very close to trailheads for many mountains on the 3500 list.

I stayed for a weekend in one of the motel rooms. It was clean and rustic with a cable TV that had a built in DVD player. The bathroom was clean as well and the shower had strong water pressure. The wifi works well, which is important because there's no cell service in Phoenicia. The management has a decent continental breakfast - bagels, muffins, coffee, fruit, etc. My only complaint was the room had no refrigerator. Since it's winter, I was able to just keep food in my car, but there'd be no way of refrigerating food the rest of the year. Still worth it for the price of the room.

One thing that's a little confusing is when you book the room online, you get an email but its not a 'final confirmation'. I think they wait a bit and run your credit card, and then confirm it. I didn't get my confirmation email until the next morning. A little strange.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple