“Good But Does Not Live Up to the Hype”

Flour Shop Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Penn Yan
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 13 September 2015

This is a nice little place for a quiet breakfast although I didn't love it as much as some of the other people seemed to. I'm a baker myself so I know quality goods and although their rolls were fresh, they certainly didn't make me swoon. My breakfast sandwich was good - however once again - it didn't make me want to go back. Prices were very reasonable and they had a nice coffee selection. Considering the hotel we were staying at did not have a very good breakfast, this was a treat. However, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that I would go back.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

They Always have my coffee ready when they see me pull in! Great food, check the chalk board for daily specials. Very friendly service!

Reviewed 27 August 2015

I had lunch here twice last month. They have a selection of sandwiches and panini in the $6 to $8 range, a couple of salads, and a soup of the day. There's baked goods at the counter, and a Starbucks-wannabe coffee selection. The place probably seats about 15. Two issues: service, while polite and professional, did not set any speed records. Also, this place is breakfast and lunch only. They close at 4:00 most days, and are closed all day Sunday. My food was good, and I would eat here again.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Good small sandwich shop and bakery! Great for a quick homemade bite!

My wife and I had the Turkey clubs and they were just the right size to enjoy lunch and not fill up too much before dinner later that day.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Tasty baked goods and delicious panini available on a variety of breads. It's located a bit outside the village center of Main St, Penn Yan, so unless you're looking for it, it's easy to miss.