“Good variety of foods, hot and cold lunch bars”

Wegmans Market Cafe
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Penfield
Cuisines: Chinese, Pizza
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I ate here yesterday afternoon between chores, and had my usual very good eats off the various salad bars. Most of what I picked was actually from the Asian food bar, including sweet & sour chicken, sesame chicken, and stir-fried vegetables. It’s all very good; tasty and hot, although it is NOT inexpensive! Still, this is a fun place to go to pick our whatever kinds of food you desire. I do recommend it.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Wegman’s Marketplace Café is always good and I love their food. But today, as I was walking inside the store, I was drawn to the scent of the Café people cooking hot dogs on a grill outside the front entrance. They smelled so good that I just had to go back again and order two of their white hots. Wow….very yummy! For only two dollars per hot dog, it made for a wonderful lunch! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I stopped in to pick up salads and sushi for a "ready-made" dinner last week. Their food is all vey good, although the prices are fairly high for the prepared foods. What does bother me is that they don't listen when you ask for certain things on the salad bar....which have been there in the past. They have removed their red peppers from the salad bar. They also used to have small shrimp out for salad toppings, which are also now gone. I think they probably were removed for being two of the more costly options on the bar. Very sad. But the food quality is still good, so I will go on using it for the time being.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I've eaten at the Wegman's Penfield Market Café for years now, and it's always been pretty good. Lately, though, their salad bar has been going downhill in its selections, or at least in those items that I prefer. Yes, I know that they removed the small shrimp they used to place on the salad bar as toppings and replaced it with the much cheaper chicken. I do get that' price is important. But they recently removed such staples as red peppers and edamame beans. I have asked for those to be returned to the selection, but their standard response is "we like to rotate the stock." Hogwash. There are certain items that everyone likes on their salads, and those are two of them. PLEASE PUT THEM BACK ON THE SALAD BAR!

All this being said and done, the Wegman's Market Café is really quite good, and we do enjoy going there. At $8.99/pound (or whatever they charge), it is not cheap, but it is good and we will always go back for more.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I was in Penfield for a few weeks recently, and had lunch here several times. OMG, sooo many food choices! I nearly always ended up with a big, fresh salad, often with a nice soft roll from the bakery. But the sandwiches were also good. The bean/grain salads were very tasty too. Then I discovered the upstairs café eating space and enjoyed my visits even more.