“Great Pizza”

Forno Brickoven Pizzeria
Ranked #36 of 81 Restaurants in Peekskill
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 1 August 2017

On the way in, we noticed a fire engine in the parking lot (not necessarily a good thing), but upon entering discover that the firefighter was doing takeout for the entire station (definitely a good thing). When the pizza came, it was excellent and one could tell that the ingredients were of quality and fresh. A good experience.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This is one of our favorite pizza places in Peekskill. It's on the south-west side of town and easy to run in to pick it up on my way home. Brick oven pizza has such a great crust and Forno's cause and toppings are delicious. I'm always satisfied

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Where to start... When I saw how busy this restaurant was, I thought they must have good food. All it meant was a long wait and terrible food. First off, I've had better service at fast food restaurants than I have experienced at Forno. 40 minutes after I had ordered my food to go, the staff was scrambling around to figure out who took my order and where my order actually was. They apologized and brought up my food. After checking the bag, I realized they forgot a slice of pizza. I waited in line to see if they had it up front. A staff member searched around and could not find it. I told him that I had waited long enough and that I was going to be late for an event. I asked for my money back for the slice of pizza. With no apology whatsoever, the young man brought me $2 and said "Thank you". When I arrived at my destination, I opened the bag to find a container of soggy fries (literally looked like they sat in a bucket of water for 30 minutes) and a cold cheese steak made from steak-ums. My fiancé tried the cheese steak and decided we needed to go elsewhere for dinner. We did find an awesome dinner in West Point called American Burrito. If you want great food, go there instead.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Stopped in to grab a slice. Crust was thin and crispy. Decent cheese. Lacking sauce. Just an absence of any real flavor. Overall disappointed. Super nice guys in the shop!

Reviewed 24 January 2016

The photo's of the pizzas attracted us to the shop, but the actual pizza's looked awful. Ordered pasta which were just ok as the sauce was bland tasting.