“Dinner before the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze”

Taormina Restaurant II
Ranked #15 of 85 Restaurants in Peekskill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Dinner for three. Despite making a 5:30 pm reservations we were running a half hour late - not a problem. Upon arrival the hostess was waiting for us and we were seated immediately. My son and I ordered the $21.95 meal which included an appetizer and desert. I had the artichoke hearts and he had the ravioli, and both were great. The little rosemary breads that were served were so good he asked for more. My son and his girlfriend at chicken parmesan and eggplant parmesan and said it was yummy. I had the veal francese that was perfectly lemony. We all had cannoii's for desert that were to die for. Our waitress was super friendly and I would definitely recommend a trip here. Only 12 minutes from Van Cortland Manor where Blaze is held every fall.

1  Thank kerrih442018

Reviewed 27 August 2017

My wife chose to go to Taormina for our 46th anniversary celebration. We have eaten there before (more than a year ago) and we are Italian, so we are demanding re our Italian food. This restaurant, this night, surpassed our wildest expectations. We started with an off-menu item - fried zucchini. We were then served house salad as well as a bruschetta dish that we did not know came with the dinner!! As for entrees, my wife had the eggplant parmegiana and I ordered (off-menu once again),veal piccata. Delicioso!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE servings, fantastic value, great service. Our waitress, Kelly, was so very accommodating, friendly, helpful and most courteous. Her sense of humor set the tone for us early on and it felt like we knew her for years. At the end of this great meal, one of the owner/partner's comes along and asks how things were. We engaged in a brief conversation and were offered complimentary Limoncello cordials he brought to Taormina himself from a recent trip to Sorrento. What a wonderful evening for us thanks to the gracious family Taormina has created there. Thank you!!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

The atmosphere was loud and enjoyable. We were seated in about 10 minutes without reservations even though there were a lot of people waiting. Our waiter Anthony was very busy but was able to get to all his tables and give his full attention. I ordered a bottle of wine and it was very good as Anthony had said it would be. We ordered our appetizers and main course at the same time, we had plenty of time in between courses not being rushed out. The fried Calamari were a little over cooked but was still enjoyable. My wife ordered the Cavatelli with Brocolli Rabe which was excellent. I ordered the Mixed fish with spaghetti the fish was tender and tasty but the sauce tasted a little burnt. We didn't have dessert as we were stuffed but I had to have my Capuccino and Anthony offered an after dinner drink and I ordered a Sambuca to go with the Capuccino. The bill was not overly expensive and was a fair price. We had a very good evening and enjoyed this Restaraunt. We will definitely return as their menu had some other items I would like to try. Maybe I can get to the desserts next time. Cheers to Anthony who showed us a good time.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here yesterday, and were very pleased with the service and the food....the food is fresh and tasty real italian. You're given a fresh salad and fresh in house baked bread served warm...(not something you get everywhere anymore).
Our waitress was sweet and attentive... bus boy very polite...
We definitely go there again...

1  Thank Carienne
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Hey, you don't come here for fine cuisine. Get the dinner special or order a pizza, have a drink at the bar and that's it. Reasonable priced, average Joe food. No more and no less.