“Really nice stay”

The Pawling House B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Pawling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I was in Pawling on business, and decided to take my wife with me and make a long weekend out of it. Our anniversary was only a couple of days away, so we decided to treat ourselves. The Pawling House was really nice, and well kept. It is tucked away, but not too far from the main roads. Rosalinda and her staff were very personable, and made our stay special. They even put a nice little 'Happy Anniversary' sign on our door when we arrived. The room was very nice, and the breakfast was excellent. We did not go to Daryl's House the night we stayed because the show was sold out, but we had been there before, so we weren't disappointed. However, the next time we are up there for a show or business, we will make it a point to stay at the Pawling House.

Room Tip: If you're tying your stay into a show at Daryl's House, be sure to call the venue well in ad...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Pawling H, Owner at The Pawling House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Hi Vinny,

You humble me with such a nice review. Wonderful guests like you make a difference in the every day at our Bed & Breakfast. It was so nice to have you here.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

My companion and I stayed at this Inn on a rainy Saturday. The convenience was great for a show we were seeing at Darrel's House venue and restaurant.
The room we stayed in was beautiful, clean and very nice (with a Jacuzzi).
The Inn itself is just gorgeous, with antique furniture and lovely art work.
Rosalinda (the Inn keeper) and all other people that help run the Inn are just wonderful.
Did I mention the awesome three course breakfast the next morning? Yummy!
The whole experience was so nice and peaceful.
Rosalinda and her staff make you feel right at home....we will definitely return to Pawling in nicer weather to enjoy the beautiful grounds (a pretty flowing creek) and comfy chairs to lounge in.

Room Tip: All good, very pretty grounds.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2017

My wife and I stayed for one day in our first Anniversary of our marriage, and that was more than enough to experience how warming and comfortable Pawling House B&B's service was. We stayed in the Archibald Campbell room, and along with the Jacuzzi in the bathroom, it made our time around the little town very enjoyable. Big enough for 2 people, but that's what we wanted. The room was also Anniversary-themed decorated before our arrival, which made us feel very welcomed. My wife felt very emotional because of that. Plus points to that!

The staff was very welcoming and empathetic. The proprietor received us and was a very heart warming person. She gave us a lot of details on how to enjoy more our stay, giving us information about the surroundings and the town. We ended up dining in Darryl's House, which the food was very tasty! Plus points for that! Remember either calling before 5pm, or ask for assistance to the B&B staff for making a reservation for a table at the restaurant, because it gets pretty busy! We ended up eating at the bar, because we didn't want to wait late for our reservation, which was at 8:30pm.

The breakfast was a set of 3 courses. In my personal opinion, I have never had the sweets before the main course, but overall it was a very pleasant breakfast.

I am willing to go back to Pawling and stay again in here, to enjoy what Pawling and its surroundings have to offer. Maybe our next anniversary? Quite recommended!

Room Tip: "jacuzzi, quite big room, nice walk-distance town, great staff"
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenky N
Pawling H, Owner at The Pawling House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thank you Jenky for your kind words. Sweet delicious pancakes were used for your second course to allow the main course to be our speciality: Eggs. Happy you enjoyed the change to the usual order. You guys were just amazing! We are so honored that you decided to spend your Anniversary with us. Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

I surprised my wife with a weekend getaway to see some music at Darryl's House the restaurant and music venue owned by Darryl Hall of Hall and Oates fame. Looking for a place to stay I found this delightful and quaint bed and breakfast. My wife and I have stayed at many B&B's over the years but rarely have we found one so well run. The place was very clean and comfortable. It was dead of winter but I can imagine in season the setting must be lovely with the stream running through. Rosalinda is so gracious and pleasant and the 3 course breakfast she prepares was outstanding each day. Highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
RosalindaWeiner, Owner at The Pawling House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Looking forward in having you again with us! As we say here: Enter as strangers, leave as friends....

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Reservation and check-in were a breeze. Rosalinda and her staff were so pleasant and accommodating. The room was lovely and the parlor or living room downstairs was very inviting and a great place for my group to hang out.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pawling
16.8 km away
26.4 km away
Millbrook Country House
Millbrook Country House
#4 of 4 in Millbrook

Been to The Pawling House B&B? Share your experiences!