Hampton Inn Owego(Owego)(Great Value!)
USD 135
USD 161
Comfort Suites(Vestal)(Great Value!)
USD 132
USD 129
All reviewspancakespancake machinesusquehanna riverfront deskscenic locationmake your ownturkey sausagechobani yogurtfree breakfastwonderful stayhalfway pointnice viewgrocery storean overnight staythe wi fistaff was very friendlyno surprises
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I arrived on 22 Nov very late at night. As I was trying to get my children in bed, we noticed loose dirt under the blankets on the sheets. We wiped it off and went to sleep. The next day when we woke up, while we were getting ready to visit family for Thanksgiving, we noticed how dirty our room was. I took a few pictures of the room that I will share. We tried to grab a small breakfast at the hotel, but everything that I grabbed was hard. The muffins and bagels were hard. The rest of the "hot" food did not look like it was heated only one time. Looked like they had been heated over and over again. At this point I walked across the street to McDonalds to get something I felt was safe to eat. I have a list of all the things in my room that was nasty. List: Kitchenette sink crusted with dirt in drain and did not drain very quickly, every corner of the bathroom had dirt, genital hair in the bathroom in one corner, fan did not work in bathroom, big dust ball or something in the fan vent, dirt on bed, disgusting food that is probably not up to ServeSafe standards, tried 3 different sodas in vending all sold out, a handful of channels on the tv did not work, only offered 1000 for all my problems, never received a call from management. I grew up in this area and only use the hotel when family doesn't have room available, but I must say that this hotel is getting worse with every visit. And this was my last time staying at this particular hotel. It felt very much like a motel and not the typical Holiday Inn that I've stayed at all across the country. On a positive note, the staff that I encountered was very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Owego, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Hello Jason B,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel and apologize if some of our amenities and services fell below your expectations.. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I had a work event to go to and had this place already booked for me by my boss. There isn't much around but it's a quiet little town. The hotel was very clean and quiet. They serve breakfast which was very good. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Garrett V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Owego, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It’s something our staff takes great pride in. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff. Thank you again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The location is good, as it's close to the freeway, but also convenient to the town.
The bed was poor and sagged toward the middle.
If/When we visit Owego again, we'll try the Hampton Inn..., but there aren't many options in this small town.

Room Tip: try the second floor, away from the elevator, on the river side
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Owego, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Hi jarhead21865,

Thank you for posting a review about your experience at our hotel as we appreciate you staying with us. I am happy to learn you found our hotel proximity perfect for your travel needs. It is our goal to deliver exemplary service and accommodations to each guest. Although you were not satisfied with the ed condition, and for this I am sorry. Your comments are very important and it will help the management of our hotel to improve your next visit. I would like to assure you that this matter will be checked for necessary upgrades.

Again, thanks for your feedback. We hope to see you soon and provide you a more relaxing stay.

Regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Directions are off by about 1/2 mile. Scenic Location on the Susquehanna River. Some rooms have a view ....others just trees. Still in process of renovation. Their sister hotels are Red Roof Inn and The Hampton. The pool is in the Hampton for the hotel's use. Our room was a King Size and it was small and poorly lit. Our bed was very uncomfortable. The bath had a nice size shower.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Owego is a very beautiful town. The Holiday Inn Express is a very clean, well run value hotel well worth the price. Good breakfast included. No surprises here. Just what you want and expect from a Holiday Inn. Very newly renovated. We would return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple