“Go for the view, not the food”

The Shores Waterfront
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located on the tip of Tonawanda Island, The Shores offers all you need for a summer fun. Have a cocktail at the bar, dine inside or outside on our patio and enjoy the panaramic view of the Niagara River. The Shores also offers indoor and outdor accomidations for all your banquets needs, everything from funerals to weddings. Are you a boater? We have 90 slips located on site with decks for a cottage like setting, something no other marine can offer in the Buffalo/ Niagara Fall area.
Reviewed 18 August 2017

On a warm summer evening this a great place for a few cold beers and some informal food. Great view of Grand Island over the river.The entree's are overpriced and under good. Best for a light bite on a great night..

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Went there for a celebration, Haven't been there in years. Always remembered it as being a great place to eat. Well the food is very overpriced and not at all good. The restaurant itself is old and outdated. Not at all clean, stained ceiling ties and dust everywhere. The widow screens don't keep the bees out almost got boy several times. We won't be back!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Went there with 7 family members. We started with drinks and then a few of us decided to have something to eat, mostly sandwiches and wings. Bottom line is 3 of us split the bill on 3 different credit cards. When I got my bill it seemed very high for what we actually ate and drank, however at that time I did not say anything. I added a nice tip and signed my bill.
The next day my brother in law called me to ask if he thought the bill seemed high to me. I said yes but didn't give it much thought. Stupid me! He looked at the bill the next day and realized what had happened. Apparently the restaurant tacked on a 18% gratuity without telling us. So this waitress received 18% and then an additional 20% from each on of us.
I suppose this is really our fault but I would think the waitress should have informed us the gratuity was already included.
What is the bottom line here, this was my first visit to Shores and my last. The food was way over priced and the quality was like the same as you would get at a local hot dog stand. The water brings in the suckers.

1  Thank dougjanet
Reviewed 11 August 2017

The view of the niagara river is the best part of this restaurant. First of all the food is non descript. My blackened chicken had little flavor outside of the small amount of sauce that was on the side. I asked for my fries to be crispy crunchy and I got anemic, limp fries. My husband had the cod and it was fine but is potatoes were cold. They were supposed to be horseradish flavored mashed potatoes. They had no flavor outside of the plain old potato flavor. The service was awful. The server never asked us if our dinners were OK. We were never offered coffee or dessert at the end of the meal. We waited 30 mins after the table was cleared to get our bill. We had to hunt down the server. it was a deeply disappointing experience and I will not return.BTW...each refill of soda is CHARGED FOR. No free refills.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I went with my husband and another couple. There was only indoor seating available with no air conditioning, in August. We made the best of it by ordering several cold drinks. The service was good, food good and atmosphere was good. I guess it was a good overall experience. The band, outdoors, was great.