“Meh”

The Shores Waterfront
Price range: USD 15 - USD 26
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located on the tip of Tonawanda Island, The Shores offers all you need for a summer fun. Have a cocktail at the bar, dine inside or outside on our patio and enjoy the panaramic view of the Niagara River. The Shores also offers indoor and outdor accomidations for all your banquets needs, everything from funerals to weddings. Are you a boater? We have 90 slips located on site with decks for a cottage like setting, something no other marine can offer in the Buffalo/ Niagara Fall area.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

The view of the niagara river is the best part of this restaurant. First of all the food is non descript. My blackened chicken had little flavor outside of the small amount of sauce that was on the side. I asked for my fries to be crispy crunchy and I got anemic, limp fries. My husband had the cod and it was fine but is potatoes were cold. They were supposed to be horseradish flavored mashed potatoes. They had no flavor outside of the plain old potato flavor. The service was awful. The server never asked us if our dinners were OK. We were never offered coffee or dessert at the end of the meal. We waited 30 mins after the table was cleared to get our bill. We had to hunt down the server. it was a deeply disappointing experience and I will not return.BTW...each refill of soda is CHARGED FOR. No free refills.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I went with my husband and another couple. There was only indoor seating available with no air conditioning, in August. We made the best of it by ordering several cold drinks. The service was good, food good and atmosphere was good. I guess it was a good overall experience. The band, outdoors, was great.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

A college classmate selected this place for a summer evening dinner. Being next to water and watching the sun set was awesome. We were able to hold a conversation without a hitch. The food was average. The service was great. Prices were reasonable. I would go there again.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Horrible service it took 20 minutes for our drinks to arrive. We decided that the service was so bad and the food menus so over priced that we would leave without eating. I then had to track down our waitress for the tab and it took 10 minutes just to pay for our 2 drinks. What a waist of time and money.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Wonderful restaurant and bar where you can relax and dine - or drink - along the picturesque Niagara River. Music four evenings a week. Food and staff are wonderful!!!!