“Amazing location,great gist!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Spanish first
Any
Will D
“Great location, but owner ripped us off after paying in full and owner demanded an extra 450 euro”
Reviewed 21 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

The location is fantastic, 100m from the centre of the town. However, it is impossible to find, because we were not given an address and were instructed simply "it is above the laundromat". Our biggest issue is that we had paid in full prior to arriving, and on the day before check out, the owner sent her husband up to our apartment demanding an extra 450 euros. This would equate to paying almost double the advertised price. When we refused to pay this much, the owner turned our electricity, wifi and hot water off. She then despite acknowledging it was illegal, threatened to access and take out all of the money from the account in which we paid from. Having threatened to call the police, and fearing for the security of our passports and other belongings, we eventually paid her 200 euros. Furthermore, the air conditioning only worked in one room, of which the unit leaked all over the carpet, the showers had no privacy curtains leading to inevitable flooding of the bathroom after every shower.

We would strongly advise against anyone staying here and will be lodging a full complaint with tripadvisor.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
31 Jul 2016
Here,we have four young men,(unfortunately came to rent my house)
They wanted us to accept extra guests to sleep in the house as they had meet them probably during their trip,without paying for their stay,
2. From the very first night,six young men and six unknown your women had a party in the balcony using drug smoking and as loud as they could,music so the neibours were calling me to find a way to calm them, police was called from one of the neibours but they were hussy fortunately and never came.
As they were drugged and drunk they were dancing with the house decoration and yelling at people passing,made an ads olive mess everywhere and of course damaged most of glasses and small items.
On that night I did not dare to take any action as I am a single woman living next door,but on the following day I have asked them to pay for the extra guests stay and keep calm in nights,or I can not go through the same trouble!
Then all four were yelling at me ,thank god I have cameras and all the conversation is written,as this happened downstairs in my shop,
Very rude,very bad mannered and I am thinking about taking actions with my lawyer as I find it very unfair to even get a bad review on top of all damages and bad behavior to me.
We are all ,renting our homes to tourism and young people with the hope that we will get friends with them not face this kind of behavior!
dougrossk...
Chicago, Illinois
“I concur with the previous review of June 2016”
Reviewed 28 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I need to be upfront and say that we did not spend one of the three nights that we had booked at this location. When we got to the property, it appeared to be relatively tired, not what we were expecting. The carpet was spotted, and there were plants on the balcony that were dying or dead. Also, the location is in a very noisy area of Fira, above a laundry. We booked based on previous reviews, all excellent rating prior to the other June 2016 review. However, we immediately knew this was not the place for us.

We have stayed in many apartments/condominiums over the years. My wife and I do not expect perfection. But this was definitely far removed from our expectations. It may be perfect for another client, but it was not for us. As a note, demographically, we are in our early 60s and travel relatively extensively.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Dearest,
I am very sorry to hear that you left the house a day before as we all know that you have changed your plans due to a family matter!
Also,giving us a bad review for not accepting to offer you other services for free is not making you a better person!
I am sorry for you,you seem to be over demanding and when you do not get what you want you react writing lies!
I am sorry for you..
Ickbobfae...
“Owner needs to do renovations, fees too high”
Reviewed 26 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Location is very central but on a noisy, crowded, dusty main street - I will be staying on the quiet side of the island for future trips. Price is probably the lowest you will find in Fira. Maria, the manager, is kind, responsible and responsive. AC was great.

But the owners (not Maria) need to do major upgrades! Shower leaked out on to carpet - rip out the moldy carpets and replace with hardwood or tile and/or get a functioning shower door! Air quality was poor and much of room was very dusty. Decor was not only lacking in taste but not functional - I had to move several pots of fake flowers out of the way to have room to put my luggage. The payment system was also messed up in accounting for extra people so we had to pay extra when we arrived. When I saw the bill from the owners perspective, I realized that TripAdvisor/FlipKey charges about a 15% fee - that's outrageous! Take your money somewhere else or try AirBnB which has more reliable reviews and only a 3% fee.

31 Jul 2016
You seemed to be so happy with the house!
Why you did not say even one word from all this you are writing!
I can not see any extra charge to you,never!
gbelsky
Miami, Florida
“Pros and cons”
Reviewed 24 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Great location near cable car and center of town however unit not as depicted in photos. The bathroom was moldy and there was no way to keep water out of rest of bathroom when showering. Maria was very sweet and helpful regarding issues we encountered. We found Fira expensive to stay in so for the price location could not be beat. We left early because even in June crowds were overwhelming and we wanted to be on the quieter side of the island.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Bathroom
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Litsapeti...
Heraklion Prefecture, Greece
“Amazing location,great gist!”
Reviewed 28 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Just loved all,we have enjoyded every single minute in this place,it is in the center of Fira,just few steps from everything! It is fully aircondition acuiped and the bedrooms are in a quiet area of the house with two bathrooms and a wonderful patio overlooking the island..
Perfect choice but we have stayed only two nights...
We are defina

Travelling group: Με φίλους
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing