We celebrated our honeymoon at the Dream Island Hotel in Sept of this year and couldn’t have been happier with the choice. I completely agree with others that the hosts made us feel part of the family for the duration of our stay. The hotel is situated 5 minutes walk from the centre of town close to the shopping, cable car and restaurants with the sunset view. The pool is a highlight with excellent sunlight until late afternoon and an array of beds, couches and hammocks. Breakfast offers a good selection and Wifi was available throughout.
Tips from the trip:-
- Explore the island. Wait until 11am and any cars still available for rent drop to half price. (Peugeot 207 cabriolet- 60 Euros ) You can see the whole island in half a day. We loved the ancient ruins, it’s a tricky drive getting there but worth it and the 2 hours exploring the site offers excellent photo opportunities.
- Sunset boat trip- Spiridakos tour booked through through the hotel was stunning. Lovely views of the island and volcano, great BBQ, swimming at the hot springs and free flowing local wine.
- Donkey Ride- Plenty of negative reviews on here but we really enjoyed it
- Restaurants- Our favourites were:-
- Naoussa Tavern- Truly outstanding food and service. Try anything with seafood or the local eggplant. The Moussaka is a world-beater!!
- Mama’s- Service is hit and miss but the food is excellent. Eggplant nests, baked lamb and the fava beans are amazing.
Overall I can’t recommend this hotel ( and island ) enough. There were so many great touches; nothing was ever too much trouble. The owners daughter Constantina is studying hotel management at university, if our experience was anything to go by this hotel will be in safe hands for years to come. Highly recommended!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This "dreamy" hotel was built in 2006 according to the best requirements and specifications for you, since our aim is your best stay on our island all year long. We provide transport to and from the harbour and the airport. Our services include daily room cleaning, laundry, internet, safe box, mini bar, hair dryers, television, telephone, air-conditioning and best of all dreamy holidays and exceptional experiences for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dream Island Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Island Fira
- Hotel Dream Island
- Dream Island Hotel Santorini/Fira