“Santorini's best accomdation with two of the...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sunset in front of the Villa during October.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Sue S
Mackay, Australia
“Santorini's best accomdation with two of the nicest hosts you could have the pleasure of meeting.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 for a stay in August 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Villa Dakaronia with friends in August 2013. The accommodation was excellent. It was immaculate with everything you would need to be self sufficient. The views were to die for and each day bought a different perspective from the Villa. The changing light, sunshine and of course the sunsets!!! Totally breathtaking. To top of this amazing experience, the hosts, Memos and Joanna, were two of the most beautiful people you could ever hope to meet. They were so accommodating to all of our requests....and there were a few...and they never let us down. They were so kind and helped our Santorini experience be one that I will remember for the rest of my life. It is my wish to return to Villa Dakaronia again some day. Thanks Memos and Joanna for making my holiday experience one to cherish forever.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and of course the hosts
Liked least: Nothing.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
CaliGirl2...
San Francisco, California
“Amazing Vacation!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 for a stay in July 2013

We loved our time at Villa Dakoronia, and can't wait to return! From the first moment our group (5 people) arrived and were met at the airport by Memos, we knew we were in good hands. Upon arrival at Villa Dakoronia, we met his lovely wife Joanna. They were both so kind and welcoming to us. They showed us around the home and explained everything to us. Everything about the home was great - the location is amazing, and very convenient to town, scooter rentals, shopping, restaurants, etc. Everything is less than a 5 minute walk from this location. The views are stunning, and we thoroughly enjoyed its beauty from all different times of day - quiet and peaceful mornings, bustling afternoons, and magical evenings. It could not have been any more perfect!

The photos and listing description are accurate, but we think everything was even better in person! The home was very clean and well maintained, and Memos and Joanna even provided a cleaning during the middle of our stay, with new sheets, towels, etc. It was very comfortable for all five of us, and we never felt crowded while inside the home. Most of our stay, we enjoyed spending time outside on the upstairs terrace, or downstairs in the front courtyard. The location is so incredible; you will want to be outside as much as possible!

Memos and Joanna were wonderful hosts. For our first morning in the home, Joanna baked delicious bread for us, along with a trio of marmalades she had made. A few days later, she welcomed us back from a day at the beach with a homemade chocolate/banana cake. They were available for us daily, so if we had any questions, needed recommendations, etc., they were always available. We are so thankful for all of their kindness.

Our vacation in Santorini was amazing, and we are so fortunate that we were able to stay at Villa Dakoronia. It was truly a 5-Star experience. We hope to make this a regular vacation home for our family in the years ahead, and look forward to spending more time with Memos, Joanna, and Villa Dakoronia.

Travelling group: Friends
Robert K
“If you are looking for a wonderful spot in paradise, look no further”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 for a stay in October 2013

My wife and I, along with a close friend, spent a spectacular week on this property. Access to our two floor villa was from the first floor, where our gracious hosts, Joanna and Memos, lived and catered to our every need without being too intrusive. Our top floor consisted of an ensuite 3/4 bath and queen bedroom which opened out onto a lovely and spacious rooftop lounging area overlooking the Caldera. Our main floor was our living area, complete with 3/4 bath and king bedroom. As we exited our property on the first floor, we were able to enjoy a very comfortable sitting area next to a wonderful herb garden. Out front they had placed an elevated table and chairs, from which we had lovely views of the sea, the cruise ships, all the tourists walking by wishing they were with us, and the most spectacular sunsets in all of Santorini. The villa is located within a very easy walk to restaurants, shopping, the cable car, and public transportation (bus), which was terrific and inexpensive. My wife and I travel a great deal, and we have never enjoyed a week more. Lord willing, we will definitely return here one day, and to this same property.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, the amenities, and our hosts
Liked least: The power lines, though grateful we had them
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
RhondaM11...
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Dreaming of my return”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

From the moment we arrived at Villa Dakoronia, we slipped from reality into a dream. After Memos picked us up from the airport and provided necessary information about Fira, Joanna and Memos greeted us with a welcome basket of fruit and wine making us relaxed and comfortable from the instant we met them. It was late when we arrived but we woke to the most beautiful breath taking views that we could even imagine. So many choices of outdoor space, we couldn’t decide which spot to choose to enjoy our first morning in Santorini. If I could choose one spot which to feel the wonder of this amazing and beautiful world, the outdoor patio perched overlooking the beautiful caldera and volcano would be my absolute choice. Truly awe inspiring and pure tranquility! LOOK no further, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE PERFECT PLACE!
Here in the states, we say that one of the most important things to consider is location, location, location. I am convinced that Villa Dakoronia has the BEST location on the entire island. Easy access to everything, whether you are walking the path to Oia or Skaros Rock, a stroll into Fira for shopping, restaurants, or nightlife, or needing access to the bus or taxi, it all begins right outside of the villa. AND it is so easy to find your way back to the villa, just 90 meters from the cable car and 3 gates away from the picturesque catholic chapel. At the same time, you feel secluded and away from the noise and activity of Fira.
The villa is not only comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated but also provides everything necessary for a perfect stay. The beds were the utmost comfort and with the windows opened feeling the lovely breeze from the caldera, sometimes it was difficult to get out of bed in the morning. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything necessary to enjoy a home cooked meal if you choose to do so. The outdoor garden is beautiful with flowers, succulents and fresh herbs and a pride and joy for Memos.
After staying at Villa Dakoronia for fifteen days, I feel like I made a friendship with Joanna and Memos that will last a lifetime. They truly are the most wonderful people that I have ever met. They not only provided necessary information about the island that a traditional host would provide but they treated us like family in the most hospitable way. My favorite part of the day was returning to the villa and sharing my day with Memos and Joanna. Like other reviews, Joanna’s treats are delicious and I am convinced that she can cook and bake better than anyone. They even invited me for a cooking class at their place sharing stories over a delicious dinner and island wine. Thru Joanna and Memos, I have begun to understand the Greek way of life and its beautiful and loving people.
I could not imagine my trip to Santorini without staying at Villa Dakonoria. It certainly was not just a vacation or holiday but truly a glorious experience of a lifetime. Have you ever been so drawn to a place that you know you will never be the same unless you return? I cried before leaving and truly left pieces of my heart at Villa Dakoronia. I dream of my return.

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Karen C
“MAGICAL TIME IN SANTORINI”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 for a stay in August 2013

My stay at Villa Dakoronia was beyond amazing. Everything I expected and way more.
The care from the Owners was fabulous from picking us up from the Airport, to baking
my daughter a birthday cake. Nothing was too much trouble. We had excellent space
for us all and everything was just perfect. I would recommend this Villa to anyone. You
won't be dissapointed. Karen

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I love the feeling of being part of the owners family and the care they gave us
Liked least: there was nothing to not like
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing