All reviews allure suite wine cave our honeymoon main restaurant wine tasting santorini sailing restaurant staff street level the cliff hot tub breakfast was included amazing views every morning large bathroom walk up heaven on earth steep stairs
Reviewed 9 July 2016

My daughter and I had an Allure room, which is one of their lower-end offerings. Didn't matter. This place is magical. There was a bottle of wine with cheeses and fruits delivered to us immediately. The next day we had some complimentary desserts delivered. Then on our third day there was a cocktail invitation to meet the operations manager and another lady. She took us around the facility and took pictures for us.
Next, the room: we had a HUGE "private" terrace. I'm not going to waste time writing about the view or the amenities, because no words will do justice. Just go for yourselves.
Caveat: be ready to work out. The steps seemed endless at times. There was a fantastic bellhop who worked tirelessly and was endearingly friendly. He had to carry suitcases up and down those steps under the brutal sun day in and day out. I wanted to adopt him.
This was an experience of a lifetime that my daughter and I will always treasure.

Room Tip: Any room. Of course, the ones with private pools are great if money is no issue.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank pelliengee
MystiqueOia, Διευθυντής at Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Dear pelliengee,

Thank you for your wonderful words about your experience at Mystique. We are delighted that you had such a great stay and we really hope to welcome you back at our little corner of paradise very soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2016

This is one of the most gorgeous, luxurious hotels I have ever experienced! This hotel is a few steps down from the main street and as soon as you take in your surroundings it feels as if you have arrived at heaven on earth! The view above the caldera is absolutely breathtaking! I couldn't stop taking pictures! The service was outstanding and I was more than impressed by the staff who carry the heavy luggage up and down the steep steps non stop throughout the day. I was on a girls trip with a friend but this is a very romantic hotel and would be perfect for a honeymoon. I hope that I will return one day for my own honeymoon! We were told this hotel is adults only but we did spot a couple young children. I would not suggest this hotel for young children as it seems geared towards the romantic and honeymoon crowds. Also, some of the steps are very steep and could be dangerous for young children. Our room was the traditional cave style, very spacious and even had an indoor jacuzzi. Breakfast is included with your stay and I can't speak highly enough of the service and quality of food! I have dreams of being back and enjoying the fresh greek yogurt and honey along with a spread of other traditional greek breakfast items while overlooking the caldera! Breakfast is a la carte, not buffet, but we were still able to try many varieties of food. We had breakfast each day down by the pool but there are a couple other locations on the property that offer breakfast as well. The staff at the front desk were very helpful in providing recommendations for everything from dinner to beaches to wineries. We tried all of their recommendations and were not let down. I can't think of any complaints. This property is located a short walk from the town of Oia where all the restaurants and shops are located. I am so happy that I was able to experience this property and it will be at the top of my list when I return to Oia!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
MystiqueOia, Διευθυντής at Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Dear laurene1izabeth,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mystique. It is a great pleasure and a wonderful honour to read how much you enjoyed the hotel's ambience, luxurious facilities, attentive service and breathtaking views.
The whole team is delighted to read that you had such a memorable stay with us and we really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Mystique soon.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2016

My wife and I made a booking with Mystique hotel, it was really hot in May if you drive all the way from Fira to Oia. We were offered fresh drink once we entered the reception room. The operation manager was very considering and helpful when we met an issue. He stood in our shoes and did us a big favour which saved my honeymoon. I definitely recommended Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel to other tourists who plan to stay in OIA. The rest staffs were very nice and helpful as well.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
MystiqueOia, Διευθυντής at Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear kennyvic,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mystique. The hotel team takes pride on making guests feel welcomed and relaxed and it is a great pleasure to see this mentioned in your review.
We really hope to welcome you back at Mystique in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2016

This is simply a magnificent property. The hotel, quite literally, is hung on the side of a cliff, right on the water and overlooking the caldera, the center of the volcano that transformed the island a long time ago. Views from the rooms are breathtaking. We literally spent hours on twin lounge chairs right outside our room's front door, under a canopy and enjoying the unmatched scenery. There isn't another hotel like it on Santorini--and Santorini has the deserved reputation of perhaps the best of the Greek isles. And: we just can't say enough about the hotel's team, all of whom were exceptionally friendly and made our visit memorable.

Room Tip: All the rooms have water views. Some suites have larger verandas and personal hot tubs.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 52Travel5202

Dear 52Travel5202,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. The entire hotel team is delighted to read that you enjoyed everything Mystique has to offer and we all really appreciate your amazing review.

It was a great pleasure having you at Mystique and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, we had an excellent time because it was our honeymoon. But if I had to look closely and be critical of the hotel itself, it was not the 5 star experience as expected by the price paid to be there. We stayed at other 5 star hotels during our trip, and each acknowledged our honeymoon, but Mystique did not. There was no, how can we make this special for you, would you like us to set up a private dinner... no special effort to make it a memorable stay. I think the high price certainly heightens expectations, so when we arrived we were just not that impressed. The allure suite was just ok, the "hot tub" in the room was kept more like a slightly warm bath, and we had to ask maintenance to raise the temperature twice. There is not much privacy here, and there is an incredible amount of climbing stairs (I do not recommend for elderly visitors). The hotel is certainly boutique as the bar is very very small (4-5 seats), closes early, the pools are very small, and you have to claim and fight for a lounger first thing in the morning as there is not enough seating by the infinity pool for all guests. I'm not sure about the positioning of their new restaurant Asea it is way up top, so far away from everything. And so windy. We spent most of our time leaving the hotel and finding amazing authentic local food for a fraction of what they charge at their Charisma restaurant. I would say my biggest grievance is the obscene price of the laundry service. This needs to be looked at by management. They try to charge something like 10 euro per t-shirt and 3 euro per pair of socks. If you had been traveling several days like we did it would cost you over 300 euro to do a small load of laundry! Who does all that money go to? Not housekeeping I'd suspect. Really unheard of. We took a taxi into Fira and got 2+ large loads of laundry done for 30 euro total.

The 5-stars of the hotel go to the chocolate soufflé and the bar and wait staff. We felt they were so attentive, pleasant, engaging, and expertly trained in the art of interacting with guests. If it weren't for Kostas, Konstantinos, Sofia, and "Elia" up in the Captains Lounge, we would probably have checked out on day 2.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crystal D

Dear Crystal D,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. At Mystique, we perceive our guests as a very valuable part of our operations and we make every effort to provide wonderful experiences to them. As such, we deeply regret to read that your stay did not meet your expectations.
I was so sorry to learn about your anniversary after you left the hotel, through Trip Advisor, and not from you, during your stay or when you reserved your suite. Please be sure that if we knew, we would have arranged something special for you, like we always do.

In reference to your comment on the Jacuzzi, please note that according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, the water temperature of a hot tub should be between 100°F and 102°F for safety reasons. This is why we have all Jacuzzi at 100°F. As you requested, we first increased the temperature of your Jacuzzi to 101°F and then to 102°F.

Regarding the pools, please allow me to stress that the laws of Oia, an area of such unique landscape and morphology, are very strict regarding all kind of construction. Restrictions on pool sizes, water weight and more are in place, in order to protect the traditional setting. Actually, you will find that most hotel pools in the area are of similar size, for these same reasons.

Moreover, in such case when the Charisma sundeck is full, we always give the choice to our guests to visit the property’s second pool by the Captain’s Lounge. ASEA Restaurant is located a few steps above the Captain’s Lounge, offering a fantastic panoramic view to the Caldera from its special position. ASEA is an open-air restaurant, subject to different weather conditions, such as wind. Unfortunately, there is nothing we are able to do about the weather, other than offer you dinner alternatives in our indoor venues.
We understand that you found our laundry prices expensive but as an experienced 5-star-hotel traveler, I am sure you know that in luxury hotels, like Mystique, the prices and the results of the services offered are not the same as in small laundry businesses.

We would like to thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you again and offer you extraordinary memories of Santorini and Mystique.

Kind regards,