“Great boutique-style hotel on sea”

Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of a 4 stop European trip. We had a standard room, which was plenty spacious and comfortable. Rooms have a very cool, cave-like design, well-stocked mini-bar, flat screen TV, coffee. Bathroom was large with double vanity, jetted tub and shower combo. My only complaint with the room was that the bathroom was not air conditioned.
Like all hotels Oia, this was had lots of steps to get anywhere. But everything was well-maintained. Service poolside was quick and excellent, provided by Sofia. Rooms were stocked by the ebullient and always happy Andreas. All the wait staff were friendly and accommodating. We loved them all. Tania in the spa was AMAZING!
We ate all of our meals at the hotel because at this point we were too tired to look for a place to eat, though there were restaurants aplenty in the very nearby village. The last night we ate in the wine cave from a pre-set menu with wine pairings. It was private, with our own butler, Michael, who like everyone at Mystique and in Greece was friendly and full of interesting information.
Through the resort we booked a sunset catamaran tour that had 10 other people. I enjoyed that we had other people to talk to and get to know and the crew of the catamaran was, again, friendly accessible, knowledgable. They made us a traditional Greek grilled dinner of meats and fish.....superb!
I would definitely recommend this hotel, but not for any families with children younger than teenagers.
Great location, great service, well-maintained, beautiful views from every room.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
MystiqueOia, Διευθυντής at Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Dear Suzanne D,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Mystique and for your wonderful comments. The entire team is delighted to read that you had such an amazing stay. Sofia, Andreas and Tania are particularly glad to have been mentioned.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back at Mystique soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

My daughter and I had an Allure room, which is one of their lower-end offerings. Didn't matter. This place is magical. There was a bottle of wine with cheeses and fruits delivered to us immediately. The next day we had some complimentary desserts delivered. Then on our third day there was a cocktail invitation to meet the operations manager and another lady. She took us around the facility and took pictures for us.
Next, the room: we had a HUGE "private" terrace. I'm not going to waste time writing about the view or the amenities, because no words will do justice. Just go for yourselves.
Caveat: be ready to work out. The steps seemed endless at times. There was a fantastic bellhop who worked tirelessly and was endearingly friendly. He had to carry suitcases up and down those steps under the brutal sun day in and day out. I wanted to adopt him.
This was an experience of a lifetime that my daughter and I will always treasure.

Room Tip: Any room. Of course, the ones with private pools are great if money is no issue.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank pelliengee
MystiqueOia, Διευθυντής at Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Dear pelliengee,

Thank you for your wonderful words about your experience at Mystique. We are delighted that you had such a great stay and we really hope to welcome you back at our little corner of paradise very soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2016

This is one of the most gorgeous, luxurious hotels I have ever experienced! This hotel is a few steps down from the main street and as soon as you take in your surroundings it feels as if you have arrived at heaven on earth! The view above the caldera is absolutely breathtaking! I couldn't stop taking pictures! The service was outstanding and I was more than impressed by the staff who carry the heavy luggage up and down the steep steps non stop throughout the day. I was on a girls trip with a friend but this is a very romantic hotel and would be perfect for a honeymoon. I hope that I will return one day for my own honeymoon! We were told this hotel is adults only but we did spot a couple young children. I would not suggest this hotel for young children as it seems geared towards the romantic and honeymoon crowds. Also, some of the steps are very steep and could be dangerous for young children. Our room was the traditional cave style, very spacious and even had an indoor jacuzzi. Breakfast is included with your stay and I can't speak highly enough of the service and quality of food! I have dreams of being back and enjoying the fresh greek yogurt and honey along with a spread of other traditional greek breakfast items while overlooking the caldera! Breakfast is a la carte, not buffet, but we were still able to try many varieties of food. We had breakfast each day down by the pool but there are a couple other locations on the property that offer breakfast as well. The staff at the front desk were very helpful in providing recommendations for everything from dinner to beaches to wineries. We tried all of their recommendations and were not let down. I can't think of any complaints. This property is located a short walk from the town of Oia where all the restaurants and shops are located. I am so happy that I was able to experience this property and it will be at the top of my list when I return to Oia!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
MystiqueOia, Διευθυντής at Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Dear laurene1izabeth,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mystique. It is a great pleasure and a wonderful honour to read how much you enjoyed the hotel's ambience, luxurious facilities, attentive service and breathtaking views.
The whole team is delighted to read that you had such a memorable stay with us and we really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Mystique soon.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2016

My wife and I made a booking with Mystique hotel, it was really hot in May if you drive all the way from Fira to Oia. We were offered fresh drink once we entered the reception room. The operation manager was very considering and helpful when we met an issue. He stood in our shoes and did us a big favour which saved my honeymoon. I definitely recommended Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel to other tourists who plan to stay in OIA. The rest staffs were very nice and helpful as well.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
MystiqueOia, Διευθυντής at Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear kennyvic,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mystique. The hotel team takes pride on making guests feel welcomed and relaxed and it is a great pleasure to see this mentioned in your review.
We really hope to welcome you back at Mystique in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2016

This is simply a magnificent property. The hotel, quite literally, is hung on the side of a cliff, right on the water and overlooking the caldera, the center of the volcano that transformed the island a long time ago. Views from the rooms are breathtaking. We literally spent hours on twin lounge chairs right outside our room's front door, under a canopy and enjoying the unmatched scenery. There isn't another hotel like it on Santorini--and Santorini has the deserved reputation of perhaps the best of the Greek isles. And: we just can't say enough about the hotel's team, all of whom were exceptionally friendly and made our visit memorable.

Room Tip: All the rooms have water views. Some suites have larger verandas and personal hot tubs.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 52Travel5202

Dear 52Travel5202,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. The entire hotel team is delighted to read that you enjoyed everything Mystique has to offer and we all really appreciate your amazing review.

It was a great pleasure having you at Mystique and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.