All reviewsatrina traditional housestholos houseevery morningcell phoneour honeymoonspeed dialpool barbreakfast is servedfresh fruitjunior suitecomplimentary bottle of wineprivate balconydinner reservationsheaven on eartha wonderful staylittle touchesblown away
Reviewed 21 September 2016

My husband and I traveled to Atrina Traditional Houses a few weeks ago for the first leg of our honeymoon. This place is AMAZING. We stayed in their top suite, the Atrina Villa. It is a very large two bedroom, two bath villa with a huge kitchen/living area and private Jacuzzi. We were absolutely amazed with this hotel, the room, the views, everything. It was perfection. Upon check in we were greeted by folks who carried our bags to our rooms. Athena, one of the owners, made us dinner reservations and a sunset cruise reservation right away when we asked for her help. Breakfast is included every morning and it was particularly good...delicious baked goods! We asked for a fan to be delivered to the room, because I can't sleep without the noise of a fan. They brought it down immediately. We aren't very demanding guests, but anything we needed they made sure we got it. The pool area is amazing...small-ish pool, but very deep and so refreshing. You can't beat the views at the pool either. You're less than a 2 minute walk from all of the main shops and restaurants in Oia. It takes 10 minutes to walk to Ammoudi Bay for the sunset. We can't recommend this place enough. Here are a few pieces of insight from our experience:

1. The Atrina villa is fantastic. If there are two couples traveling together, or a small family, book this room!
2. The pool area is awesome, but it's not particularly 'relaxing' as it can get loud if there are any kids present. The lounge chair area is also tight, but it's just fine if the pool isn't packed.
3. Ask reception for help with literally everything as they're more than happy to provide recommendations/make reservations/go the extra mile to help you out.

We will definitely be back to Santorini in the future, and this is the only place we will stay!

Room Tip: Atrina Villa is their best/largest room. It's perfect for 4 people or more traveling together or for a couple on their honeymoon.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Santorini is amazing, especially Oia and the Atrina Traditional House. We stayed for a week in September in Melanies house. The room was large and very clean. The staff is attentive and very helpful (the best we had in europe). The pool was the perfect temperature and the weather was ideal. The front desk staff helped us plan massages, sunset cruise, ATVs, etc and were extremely helpful every step of the way. The breakfast served on the balcony was a nice added bonus and made us feel special. I will say that we got lucky regarding the location of our room, as many of the rooms aren't as private and everyone on the way to the pool walks through your patio - if this would be a problem for you i would just pay closer attention to the map on their website that shows all of the rooms and their locations. You'll see where Melanies is, it had a private set of stairs just for Melanie and the room right next door, so we never say anyone other then our neighbors (who we barely saw). Also, there are some steep steps throughout Santorini so be prepared and bring the propoer shoes! I would stay at this hotel again every holiday if I could!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

We visited at the end of August/Beginning of September. We stayed at Atrina and loved the entire experience. They made all of our transportation arrangements, excursions and dinner reservations. The go above and beyond to ensure you have an exceptional stay.
We stayed in the Dimitris suite and it was stunning! The patio views and private jacuzzi were fantastic. The breakfast was served on our patio every morning it was delicious; private and picturesque.
They also welcomed us with a complimentary bottle of wine to celebrate our 5th anniversary!
I travel the world, a lot for work and this was one of my top hotel experiences.
Nothing but rave reviews.
Melanie is so sweet and was very accommodating.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I'm so glad we chose to stay at Atrina Traditional Houses during our vacation in Santorini. The location was stunningly beautiful, and we were close to everything while still enjoying peace and quiet in our "cave." Staff were all friendly and responsive, and it was lovely to have breakfast brought to our balcony every morning. Only positive things to say!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IndecisiveBoston_MA
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I was here for my honeymoon and stayed at the Tholos room. I'm a picky person, but this hotel is so wonderful that I can't think of anything bad about it. Room is nice, breakfast was great, view was stunning, staffs were welcoming and thoughtful (a bottle of champagne and flower petals were set up in the room even though we didn't request it).

I like how you get to pick the specific room you want when making reservation. We chose the Tholos and it was perfect for us. Even though it was situated only one level below the street level, it was very quiet. You may hear some noises if people talk while taking the stairs which is right next to the room, but it doesn't bother us much. Note that there is only one stairway that goes around the hotel, so some people will be passing in front of your room in order to get to theirs. But for Tholos, no one will be passing except yourself and no one is overlooking your room from above. Perfect for those who want some privacy.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple