All reviews infinity pool cave house boutique hotel every morning our honeymoon private terrace greek yogurt romantic dinner hot tub the cliff the main street fresh fruit unforgettable experience steep stairs carried our bags pleasure of staying small hotel
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I honestly can't stress enough about how absolutely outstanding this Hotel was. My stay at the Pezoules was by far the most beautiful place I've ever been, The views, the breakfast, the service, the wait staff, all incredible! They deserve more than just 5 stars if i could give them a 100 i would. The Location is in the center or Oia with access to all restaurants and shops which makes staying here very ideal. On our first day of Arrival one of our suit cases didn't make it to the Island so when we arrived to the hotel Ioli the receptionist told us to enjoy our first day and not to worry about it because they would handle it for us, and the very next day the suitcase was waiting for us in our room. Im not sure how they did it, but they did. If your looking for world class service,friendly smiles, amazing location, and heavenly views, then the Pezoules is the choice for you!! - Ernest (ernie) and Christian

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

There are not enough superlatives to review this wonderful hotel! We came for the first time in 2014 and have been back every year since!

The family running this lovely location are all incredible! They take such pride in their beautiful hotel and this love shows in everything they do to make your stay here perfect.

Dimitri and his wife are your hosts along with their daughter. All the food is homemade by Dimitris wife who will also do special romantic dinners on your private terrace if requested in advance. The breakfast comes to your terrace as well and is just a call to reception to be delivered at the time you desire.

The rooms are immaculate and all have fabulous views of the caldera. The infinity pool is gorgeous and a great place to be with friends or quietly meditate on the beauty that is all around you.

With only seven rooms there is a feeling of being in a private home and yet so very close to the walking street and restaurants of Oia only steps away.

Our family will definitely be back to Pezoules again and again! It is one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed and we thank Dimitri and his family, as well as an incredible staff, for the wonderful time they showed us. Your kindness and
fantastic hospitality is not often found in the world!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I would not under any circumstances stay anywhere else. This is a very small property and the personal attention you get from the staff is unrivaled. They went out of their way to accommodate us every step of the way. All of their restaurant recommendations were fantastic and was it a coincidence that when they made the reservations, we ALWAYS got the best seat in the house?? The property was immaculately clean. The breakfast was huge and tasty, with a daily special treat that would make your eyes roll to the back of your head in ecstasy. We stayed in the Althaea suite and used the hot tub daily, at sunset with a glass of the bartender's refreshing Mojitos. The location is fantastic too. It's off the main pedestrian street and incredibly close to everything, but very far removed from the noise and throngs of people. You won't have anyone traipsing through your balcony with a selfie stick (really people, enough with those). A lot of the properties we saw in our walks did not have the same level of privacy or security. There is only one way in, through a gate that passes the front desk, and someone is always there seeing who comes in. The beds were very comfortable, the AC worked perfectly and quietly and we slept deeply every night. If you want a well appointed, romantic, serene property with superbly efficient and friendly staff in a fabulous location overlooking the caldera on the edge of a cliff close to a multitude of restaurants, then stay here!!!

Room Tip: Althaea is very private with it's own hot tub, and just steps from the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We traveled as a couple and just completed a 3 night stay last week. I can safely say without hyperbole that this was the most pleasant and welcoming hotel stay we’ve had together or individually. And to give some perspective, I’m a Platinum Starwood Member, which simply implies that I travel more than I would like to admit, mostly for work, but also for pleasure on some very nice properties. Pezoules tops them all, and I’ve stayed at some Category 7+ properties, which is Starwood lingo for really nice places, courtesy of points from work. So, if nothing else, I have some experience traveling for both work and pleasure.

I want this to be an informative review and not simply one that shouts, “Greatest Vacation Ever” with little detail, so here goes. I’m going to apologize beforehand as I’m trying to think of some negatives aspects to at least give the perception of balance, but in the end, I may struggle to not sound promotional, but I’ll try to catch myself.

Lets first put aside the natural beauty of Santorini and specifically, Oia, as it has a tendency to blind you to the faults that may or may not surround you. It really is that magnificent. There is a reason people simply stop what they are doing to admire the sunset. I can’t say I’ve been to too many places that have that as a daily practice. So, I’m hoping to continue this review pretending that Oia isn’t nearly as beautiful as it is.

People: I think the thing that struck me the most about Pezoules isn’t necessarily the very practical elements of the hotel, but what I perceive to be a wonderful culture of accommodation and genuine interest in your experience. There was a refinement without what is usually the associated stuffiness that comes with the pursuit. In other words, everyone we interacted with, be it Dimitri, Ismail, Nick, Sorin (apologize for what is probably a mangling of names), were extremely friendly and engaging but also very, very good at their respective roles. To me, that is the most important factor in your experience while traveling. If you can strike that balance of being extremely good without the formality and stuffiness that sometimes infects it, I think you see the big picture.

Hotel Rooms: As they self-describe them, they are “cave rooms” which are sparely decorated. I’m 6’4”, so some of the entrance ways require a small dip of the head, but in the end, they are really cool stylistically and we enjoyed them without question. More importantly, they are also a nice counter balance to environment. During the morning and throughout the day, the sunshine, for good and bad, can feel incredibly intense, but with rooms as they are, its very easy to retreat to a cool, dark place. If you haven’t stayed in a “cave” room, you might connote that with sleeping on rocks and drawing animals on the walls, well let me tell you, its the exact opposite, its a very welcome experience. Its definitely the Ying to the Yang of the intensity of the sun outside.

Food: Dimitri’s wife, who’s name I forget (yes, I’m a horrible person), is also the cook, or more appropriately the chef who creates all the creations for breakfast as well as the room and bar menu. She is very, very talented, and unlike the usual breakfast you get at most hotels where you look at it as a source of energy and not pleasure. Her breakfast does both magnificently. There was not a morning where we did not enjoy it thoroughly or finish what was given us. In fact, I think I could have hidden a small person in my suitcase and we could have fed them. Additionally, on two occasions we ordered her pizza, which she makes the dough for, and it was exceptional just as the breakfast was. With regard to drinks, both Sorin and Nick make excellent cocktails and I can certify that through extensive experience drinking them over the 3 days. Overall, food and drink are such that you might actually leave the hotel and return for them, which is contrary to many situations where you want to leave the property to eat and drink. Always a good test for quality.

Pool: The one last thing I’m going to comment on is the pool. Its an infinity pool that looks out at the caldera. I dare you to go to the edge and not want to rest your head and just stare out at the scenery for tens of minutes. Its the coolest pool I’ve ever experienced, without question.

I hope this was helpful.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erik H
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed three nights at this wonderful hotel and loved the novelty of being in a cave house. The service, view and daily breakfast were spectacular. The room was clean and comfortable.

My only critique would be to add a mounted shower head; it was unpleasant having to lay the handheld attachment down while washing.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family