Atlantis Books - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Still open, just relocated! A must visit in Santorini!

For anyone hoping to visit this amazing shop, yes, the store in Oia is now closed but do not... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
mrmatey
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Sincerest Experience in OIA!

This was our favorite stop in OIA. We were already charmed by the shop by the friendly (no... read more

Reviewed 13 November 2023
paularemple
Canmore, Canada

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Thank goodness, Christos (at Altana Traditional Houses) recommended Atlantis Books to my family and I or we would never have known that this incredible bookstore existed on the island of Santorini. As a huge book lover, I poured over every nook and cranny of this magical place. In fact, my daughter and I spent nearly three hours here while my most patient husband and son walked the streets of Oia, checking in with us every hour or so, so that we could shop and read and have enough time to see everything the bookstore had to offer. Although it is on the smaller side, the store has so much- including a great children's section, classics and rare editions. I cannot say enough about Craig, the owner. He was so incredibly patient, kind and funny, answering all my questions and educating me on several of his rare books until I found just the right ones to take back with me to the states. I cannot begin to imagine the amount of hard work, dedication and uncertainty it must take to not only open a bookstore but to sustain it. A bookstore such as Atlantis Books is a rare, rare find and Craig has curated a glorious selection of hand picked books, first editions and other interesting fares for sale. Now that I have discovered the island of Santorini, I will not only come back for the breathtaking views but to visit this perfect little bookstore. I still think about it and wish we had something as cool here in Los angeles. I highly encourage anyone who visits Santorini to visit Atlantis Books and help keep this store open! See first hand what Craig and his colleagues have created. You will never see anything like it! Buy a book on Greece or Greek philosophy, write inside the date you bought it and from where. You will have something forever from the region and the sense of satisfaction that you helped a local business. I will definitely make a point of visiting this part of the world again in order to visit Atlantis again. They also have a website that tells their about their fascinating journey and you can purchase some of their one of a kind offerings there too.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

This was one of the best gems we found on our honeymoon in Santorini. The guys who work there are true book worms who had wonderful deep cut suggestions and gave us a personal tour of their entire collection. The store is a must stop, if you read books, and especially if you're a rare book collector. They showed us one of their prize treasures... "Breakfast at Tiffanys" first edition....with a diamond encrusted cover!!???!!?!?

The perfect way to inspire, enliven, and deepen your experience of Santorini...

Go see for yourself!!!

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Unique place full of books in all the languages included some first editions such as "the little prince"! The guy who was working inside was extremely friendly and he let us take lots of photos!

1  Thank Socrates S
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved this book store!! So beautiful and magical! Do yourself a favour and pop in when visiting Oia, you won't be disappointed. We loved the unique books this place offered!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

It's this underground hole full of books. I was enchanted to find rare books and first editions as well as normal reads. Visiting Atlantis is a must do experience when in Oia.

2  Thank HaniaAkram