All reviews dining rooms wine list beautiful garden small village two nights local wine stone staircase great dinner modern amenities for instance comfortable beds single night veal an aperitif fabulous stay two singles main course
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Such a welcome sight after a long day. Set in a quiet village surrounded by vineyards, only 15 minutes from the autoroute. Our rooms were oputant, very comfortable. Lovely grounds to walk round, didn’t use the pool as it was very cold in temperature outside. We ate in the Bistro as we thought the restaurant was very expensive. Warm friendly service, the starters were lovely the terrine was delicious . The mains well, that was disappointing 3 of us had Veal escalope. It turned up very plain covered in a bitter tasting crumb, slightly greasy, with what could only be described as a Marie Rose sauce separately. My husband had the artic char which he did enjoy. The Lemon Meringue was lovely and brandy soufflé was yummy. Breakfast, there was a great selection but wasn’t being topped up so a bit short changed for €20 each. Yes I would stay again but I would eat in the village.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Ige for only one night during blustery early March. The Chateau is in a beautiful location and is a very nice hotel. Service was excellent and we were able to take our small dog everywhere in the Chateau.
We ate in the restaurant, service was attentive and the food really good.
This was a beautiful stopover at an exceptionally good rate.
The local wine cooperative is worth visiting to buy good inexpensive Macon wine to take home.
We must return in the summer months!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunforSarah
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We visited in the winter and it was magnificent. Have to go back to see its splendor in the summer. 13th century chateau built in 1235. It has been turned into a hotel. With only 17 rooms (they each have a name - no numbers) you feel like you’re back in time. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. The food is amazing. We stayed in the Tour du Poet room...in the tower. It was luxurious, old fashioned with modern bathroom fixtures and all the comforts of a 5 Star hotel with the exception of an elevator. It’s off the beaten path so we found ourselves surrounded by French tourists. What an experience! Hope to go back!

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Rooms are nice and the location is handy when coming back from the Alps. There is a wine cooperative round the corner and various wineries nearby. Pleasant stay marred by overly long pauses between courses, some mishaps and menu restrictions.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Les Collectionneurs
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I stayed at the Chateau in early January and despite being one of the very few guests it was still a very special place. I had the veal for dinner and it was fabulous. At breakfast there was an assortment of breads, cheeses, yogurt, fruit, etc. and I was the only person there. All good! The grounds are beautiful even in winter. My room was small but comfortable, even luxurious. But the thing that impressed me most is that the chateau was built in 1235! I look forward to my next visit.

Room tip: Rooms facing the small stream offer the best views.
Date of stay: January 2018