“Super Friendly - personal shuttle to Falls”
Review of Falls Motel

Falls Motel
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Austin
“Super Friendly - personal shuttle to Falls”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I really liked this funky place. It is not your average low budget hotel. It is more like cabins. If you want a fancy place to stay this is not the place. The owners are Super friendly. I felt welcomed as if I was a distant relative.

My tour guide from the hotel took me to the Falls. He had time to show me around and walked around with me. I thought that was so cool of him. He showed me where to park at night for free so I went back that night by myself.

They gave me a nice breakfast basket. I don't know how people can complain about the breakfast where a place this small would not usually even give you anything.

The room was more like a cabin. The window was open and I could not shut it. The owner came and fixed it for me. He also said he was waiting on an order for a new window. So they are aware of the problems which was good.

When I came back from my night visit to the falls my bathroom light was on. I had gnats all over the bathroom counter. I addressed this matter in the morning and the owner said that it is a problem in June and July.

The shower was small and there was no room to jump out of the way when the water would suddenly change from hot to cold.

The room had a microwave and small fridge.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank offseasonfun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rockford, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Nice hotel, very helpful owner. We did not have a car, they helped with airport pick & drop, Free shuttle to falls. Nice breakfast included. Well maintained hotel.

Staff's (Owner) service should be appreciated very much.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Haribabu G
Reviewed 24 August 2012

If you're used to paying $200+ / night - go ahead and keep doing it... but if you want to pay less than half as much as that and still have a very pleasant stay - I would recommend this place.
Sure, some of the decor was dated, but we had a great sleep and woke up energised and ready to keep exploring NF.

The owners were helpful and extremely friendly. I felt at home in this accomodation.
Breakfast basket was perfect and a nice touch - nothing worse than trying to cram into a small room for breakfast as you do in the other chain hotels.

Short drive to all the attractions and to any food / shopping you could need. The owners also gave us a map and pointed out the highglights and where to find free parking.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AdamCCC
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was our second time staying at the Falls Motel. Owners are nice, very helpful. Rooms decor is a little dated, but clean. When you leave at 7:00 am and return at 11:00 pm, we really didn't care what the decor looked like! Not within walking distance to anywhere, but with the $$ we saved, It is well worth it. A breakfast basket and fridge (people staying in pricey hotel by the falls had none) were nice additions. Bathroom could have been a little cleaner, the first time we stayed it was better.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ML M
Jefferson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed in a room that had 3 beds. It was small, but with 4 kids what do you expect. The owners were very very nice and helpful. I was nervous at first to stay. It was a little out dated and scary looking. But, it was clean. For the price, it could not be beat. Would I stay for a week? No. But overnight to head to the Falls and move along in your trip? Yes. We got everything that we were promised. It was not that bad. Not my favorite, but not bad.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family