New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Seneca Niagara Casino

Seneca Niagara Casino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The time of your life happens here, at the Niagara Falls casino that redefines excitement. Once you’ve had your fill of the region’s spectacular attractions, it’s time to put your luck to the test in our world-class casino with 3,000 slot machines and over 80 table games. Seneca Niagara offers endless ways to win with the most sought after slot, table, keno and poker games in New York. Feel the anticipation, experience the thrill, and claim your fortune at Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino.
Toronto
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“Pros - Cons”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Hotel

Pros
- customer service is good to very good
- rooms are nice with large shower and separate make-up area
- elevators are generally fast and readily available
- pool area and the gym are good
- iron and iron board provided
- temperature control in the room can be set to your preference

Cons
- tv 37 inch flat-screen needs updating and more HD channels
- beds are just okay. seemed to cheap out on the mattresses
- rooms within 2 doors of the elevators are very noisy

Casino

pros
- slot and game variety is above average
- free drink service while gaming although beer comes in cups unless you are a Chairmans Club member
- free self-serve beverage service at two locations in the casino
- new décor is nearing completion and the colors and openness is a big improvement
- new slot chairs are comfortable but very heavy
- like that they removed the centre bar and elevated band stand and are in the process of moving it to the corner for better viewing and access
- plenty of slots available even when it's busy

cons
- patrons are allowed to play two machines when it's busy. this is a problem especially for the more popular machines like China Shores. Machines should have a sign that says when busy please do not play more than one machine at a time
- slot payout %'s have gotten worse each of the 10 years Seneca has been in existence. 100 visits last year where my wife and I bring $100 each to spend on slots and only won 4 times. Used to win 25 or more times per year on the same budget. Seems they have tightened the machines to pay for the 26 million dollar renovations
- you can never hear your name during draws unless you remember to get to the lobby for the draw. since the names that are selected are computer generated you never get the sense it's a legit draw although I'm sure it is. Would be better if we all submitted our names into a drum the good old fashioned way and actually get to see the names drawn.
- smoking, smoking and yes smoking - especially cigars and pipe smokers who have to be the most inconsiderate of the bunch
- slot area and the washrooms could be kept cleaner. avid slot players that play in various venues know the difference
- lately for me the casino has been kept too warm. It makes me feel tired and I end up going to my room a lot earlier than I once did because of it
- currency conversion rate - one would think that a casino like Niagara that relies on Canadians to bankroll the place would cut us a break on the exchange rate. Our dollar is 92 cents now and they hit us for an extra 3 to 4 percent on top of that. Once my American money is used up I expect to make the permanent switch to the Canadian side. Non-smoking and lately it seems to pay better. Give me better paying slots and I'll pay for my own drinks. Comps are comparable and Fallsview has a much nicer entertainment venue and superior talent.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank LVPH

Buffalo, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“ok casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

The casino is nice with a lot of slot and the have a few restaurant to eat in which are nice. The are doing sme remodeling in the casino. I don't like the fact that I felt like the really wasn't letting people win any money.

2 Thank regina b
Derby. NY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice Casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just remolded. Looks nice, the non-smoking area is that NON-SMOKING!! No smoke smell, just great. Enjoyed our selves, not to busy for a Sat. night.

Visited January 2014
West Henrietta, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Seneca Niagara Casino Events Center”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

MY wife and I were given tickets for Christmas to see Vanessa Williams who was performing at the Seneca Niagara Events Center. The show was great (of what we could see of it) but we were a bit disappointed in the venue. If you are expecting a nice theatre like many of the hotel casinos in Vegas you will be sadly mistaken. The Events Center is just a converted ballroom with regular kitchen like chairs that are all on floor level so if someone the same size or taller than you sits in front of you, you will be looking at the back of their head for the duration of the show. Besides the seating issues during the show there were no ushers to be found who made sure audience members behaved. There were announcements of no flash photography during the show but it was never enforced. I also felt sorry for anyone sitting behind a woman who decided she should stand and dance for most of the show in front of her seat blocking the view of the stage. Of course no usher came over to ask her to please be courteous and sit down. Getting to our seats was also an experience as when we entered the theatre we were told our seats were not together. I headed back to the will call area to get this corrected. They exchanged the tickets for two others that also were not together. Back for a third time explaining how the rows and seat numbers work to the ticket agent behind the counter I managed to get two seats together so I could sit with my wife. If there is someone you absolutely must see there in the future I have a tip for you. Try to get section 102 with seats 1 & 2. These are aisle seats at the beginning of the row. You should have a mostly unobstructed view. If not the venue has a large video screen on each side of the stage where you can see what is going on. Be prepared if you are sensitive to smoke. The theatre allows smoking outside the doors of the venue but not inside. The casino as a whole is very smokey.

6 Thank 19LaRocca1953
Thurmont, Maryland
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Big and Beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

If your a gambler and your in the "Falls" area, either side and a smoker, this is your place. The casino itself is beautiful, inside and outside. Plenty of machines to play, tho not as loose as across the river. As far as smoking, they have a small non smoking area but the rest is wide open. My wife who is a non smoker didn't seem bothered or offended by the smoke, ventilation is good. They offer new players a $20 promo. It is very easy to get to from the Canadian side, and the only drawback is parking close to the casino, It's free, but not a lot of it...tho we did manage to find a spot. All said, nice place. There's also shopping and restaurants surrounding the casino.