“Beautiful, relaxing, and cozy cottage.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from the spacious and very private deck.
We're so lucky to live right within Upper Treman Park just a mile from Lucifer Falls.
View from the Gorge Trail at Upper Treman Park, just a 10-minute walk from the cottage
The magnificent, 115-foot Lucifer Falls, viewed from across the gorge on the Rim Trail.
Lucifer Falls viewed from the Gorge Trail.
View from the Rim Trail at Upper Treman Park.
Meet our goats and chickens and experience the homesteading lifestyle.
Interested in Small-Home-Living? Try our our cozy but comfortable floor plan.
Enjoy fresh produce in season from our abundant gardens. It doesn't get more local than this.
Winter time is especially peaceful here. A good time for reflection and healing at Owl Moon Cottage.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 15 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Lisa D
“Beautiful, relaxing, and cozy cottage.”
Reviewed 19 April 2017 for a stay in October 2016

My husband and I stayed here for a few days in October. We enjoyed the ability to walk out the door and enjoy beautiful scenery in every direction, as well as the proximity to Ithaca. We also enjoyed meeting Joanna and learning about her goats, garden, and how to make cheese (arranged by my husband). The cottage is absolutely beautiful. It was warm and cozy inside: perfect for rest and retreat. We also loved utilizing the kitchen to make most of our meals. We loved our stay and hope to return in the near future.

Your age range 35-49
25 Apr 2017
Hey so nice to hear from you Lisa! One of my goats is very pregnant at this time - Pearl, not Chloe - so if you come back before the winter there should be one or more super cute kids to play with!
dotts57
Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
“Very nice place!”
Reviewed 20 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Impressed with how clean everything was kept. The place was beautiful and it was a nice walk around the falls. We had a great time

26 Feb 2017
Thanks! We're so glad you enjoyed it.
Brandon S
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed 19 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My girlfriend and I drove up from D.C. just after Christmas for a mountain getaway in the beautiful snow-covered hills (at that time in late December!) of Ithaca! We couldn't have chosen a better cabin to rent..brand new! A perfect design, I wanted to measure and sketch out the layout to build one just like it one day! Very modern and contemporary design with every amenity you could desire! You don't have to bring anything except a change of clothes! Beds Are All Made Up, all brand new top-of-the-line cookware, cabinets are even stocked with coffee!

I went for a jog down the road not even a tenth of a mile and quickly found some great Trails through the woods. Endless Trails, all over. The cabin is basically nestled in the heart of Parklands!

The location is very convenient to the wineries, breweries, and lakes. We will be back just as soon as we can get away again! We will be adding it to her annual trip registry.

We have rented cabins in and around Ithaca before, this one absolutely takes first prize!

Brandon and Kelly

19 Jan 2017
Wow! Thank you so much. I (Joanna) designed the cottage using free online 3-D design software. I had so much fun creating the design and then seeing it take form during the construction process. So It's wonderful when our guests really appreciate the design. Thanks again and we look forward d to seeing you this summer.
Ellen M
“Beautiful, light, and cheery - everything is high quality”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Owl Moon Cottage is a perfect place for R&R or for getting work done. I did a combination of both on my visit and left rejuvenated and having made good progress on my book project. The cottage is comfortable and welcoming and situated in a beautiful setting next to state-owned forest land, with excellent hikes right out the door. But it's close to other types of places you might want to go - such as the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and all the amenities of downtown Ithaca. You'll love the well-appointed kitchen with stainless steel cookware, good utensils, and pretty much anything you might need. The wraparound deck is outstanding, with a large, private area for having a fabulous cookout and hanging out - just outside a sliding glass door. You can tell that great care went into designing and implementing the details of this well-built cottage. Materials of construction and furnishings are nontoxic and greener than I've seen anywhere else. The hosts are incredibly helpful when you need or want something but otherwise they leave you be, knowing you want privacy. I plan to visit again. I'd recommend it any time of year. I was especially happy to stay there in the winter - it was cozy and toasty inside while snow was falling peacefully outside. I slept like a log in the super-comfortable bed.

17 Jan 2017
We're so glad you had a productive AND relaxing stay at Owl Moon Cottage. And congratulations on the publication of your new book!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful and comfortable cottage in the woods”
Reviewed 25 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Owl Moon Cottage was a perfect place to stay for a Finger Lakes vacation- cozy and close to Ithaca, as well as other Finger Lakes attractions. The cottage, adjacent to Robert H. Tremen National Forest, is gorgeous and close to a number of trailheads.
Owl Moon Cottage has been carefully designed to be comfortable for visitors. We especially appreciated the kitchen, which was stocked with a variety of useful spices and extremely functional. It was lovely to be able to pick up a bottle of wine from a nearby winery to enjoy at the cottage with a meal.
We would happily return, and highly recommend Owl Moon Cottage!

25 Dec 2016
Hey it's great to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen! Some guests prefer to dine out at some of the many fine restaurants and Ithaca. But we love it when people take advantage of the kitchen. Please come back another time!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing