“Travelers beware!”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Pittsburgh
“Travelers beware!”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel. First impression was it looked kinda dated and in need of renovations. Lobby area wasn't too bad but as soon as I got my room key parked and walked into the lower hallway of the guest area it went downhill. The hallway had an odor and the carpets were not very clean. Opening the door to the guest room showed just how unkept the rooms were. Sure the beds were made but the doors were dirty the bathroom was filthy, the floor was disgusting and there was mildew on the caulking on the tub surround. The floor was dirty in the corners and behind the toilet. This hotel is definitely overpriced. I would never stay here again but unfortunately it was the last hotel with vacancy near Orange County Choppers and the event I was attending there.

Room Tip: Choose a room elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Montreal
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This place lacks maintenance and cleanliness.
The matresses need a change, the pool's empty, the room stinks and needs renovation. On top of that, there's a woman who throws you out of the breakfast lounge at 9:30, even if you're still eating!
There are a lot of other options in the area.
I wish I'd paid a bit more and find a better place!

• Stayed August 2011
Johannesburg
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I got to the hotel bracing myself for the worst.

The reviews were very misleading - I was pleasantly surprised.

The rooms were spacious and clean, the breakfast was full and comprehensively "Continental"

Off the beaten track and right next to Paul Teutul's OCC

Orange County Choppers (OCC) is a custom and production motorcycle manufacturer based in Orange County, New York

A bargain price - will go back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Desmond H
Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We choose a bad night (weekend) to get a room in Hazelton, PA - Friday night of Nascar weekend at the Pocono Speedway. Had to drive 140 miles to find a non-smoking room for less than $199.00.
The Comfort Inn up the street wanted $149, we drove down to the HJ where the room was $89, but the very nice desk clerk gave us $10 off as it was almost 1:30am.
The room was fine, WIFI worked in the morning, shower was hot, king-size bed was ok. We didn't eat at the breakfast bar, but they had 'make your own waffles' amongst the usual continental breakfast stuff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Montréal, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This hotel is bad, very bad.... I stopped to this hotel on my way to Cape May, NJ. I wanted to stay for one night only... At the beginning the owner was very kind, he said he had a lot of rooms available (it was a Monday...) When it was time to pay, I gave him a coupon that I've got from roomsaver.com, a coupon that was effective through July 31st (we were the 25th!!)... So it was good, but then he said that he didn't accept this coupon and that he had no room for me... WHAT??? Five minutes earlier there was a room for me and because I had a coupon, he didn't have one now??? When I told him the coupon and argued with him abouot this, he told me that I was STUPID!!!!! Yeah, yeah, STUPID!!!!! I don't think that when you deal with customers you have the right to treat them the way he did!! That's very unprofessional.... I'm glad I didn 't stay there and I will not recommend this hotel to anybody..... If you plan on going to Woodbury Commons, go to the American Budget Inn instead in Harriman, it's across the street from the Outlets, and there they accepted my discount coupon without arguing....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Julie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
0.3 km away
13.2 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
0.5 km away
Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh? Share your experiences!