“Great Lunch on a Rainy Day”
Review of Blu Pointe

Blu Pointe
Ranked #6 of 191 Restaurants in Newburgh
Price range: USD 30 - USD 55
Description: Set on the Historic Hudson River, Blu Pointe is a Newburgh Waterfront Restaurant that offers something for everyone. The temperature controlled walk-in wine room holds over 3,000 new and old world wines and serves as a dramatic backdrop to our cozy lounge and dining room complete with a blue stone fire place. Blu Pointe offers a farm-to-table menu featuring fresh seafood & prime beef, a raw bar station in our cocktail lounge, private dining room, local craft beers & spirits, and a riverside outdoor bar.
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Overall a very pleasant experience with a varied menu that had a focus on Seafood. A little expensive for a lunch but the food was top notch so ultimately I think you get what you pay for. Grilled Calamari with a caper/olive tapanade was delicious, I had the crab cake sandwich and that too was one of the best I have ever had outside of Maryland. My wife had the Shrimp and Pasta dish which too was excellent. Great setting, great service and great food. Will be back 100%.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Some of my friends were visiting us and wanted to take us out to dinner. They had no idea that it was our anniversary! So they picked this restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised by the amazing atmosphere and the service of the staff. When the staff found out that my husband and I were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary, they brought out a dessert with "Happy Anniversary". Truly an amazing place to dine at!

1  Thank jandonbailey
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I tried to book the Mother's Day Brunch Buffet for my wife and I; all spots were taken so I settled on an early afternoon "regular" dinner. We had reservations for 2:30 pm, and we were seated within 10 minutes of arrival. It was a busy time for them as they were switching from the buffet to the usual menu, so the delay wasn't bad.

We made life a bit easy for our server, known as "Team 3". My wife and I both ordered the Caesar Salad as our appetizers and followed up with the Strip & Shore entree. The salads were very good, and the steak and shrimp were also well prepared and tasty. Topping off our meals were Creme Brulee for my wife and the Lemon Cheesecake for me; both were very good. Total cost with two diet sodas and a cappuccino, before tax and tip, was $152- a bit on the pricey side but the food was very good and the view was terrific- overlooking the Hudson River.

1  Thank tektektek
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We had dinner here after a Hudson River cruise. The food was excellent and the service was good. I had the scallops and my wife had salmon. Both the preparation and presentation was first class.
The only complaint (and it is relatively minor) is that we waited too long between courses.

1  Thank Bob J
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Our reservation was for 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon and we had specifically requested outside on the patio area. We were seated about 2:40 inside instead. Nobody took our drink order and we had to grab a passing waiter to order a soda. When our waiter finally acknowledged us, we ordered another soda as well and ordered soup, appetizers and dinners for 4 people.It took about 30 minutes to get our soup (still our drink, only a soda, had NOT arrived, we reminded a different staff member passing by and they brought one) and by 3:30 we had to ask for our appetizers. NO apology or acknowledgement this was out of the ordinary for what would be expected ). The appetizers finally arrived about 3:40 (1 hour after we were seated) with no apologies or anything about the slow service. At this point we said we would need our check when our entrees arrived and the waitress said ok. About twenty minutes later our entrees arrived (around 4:00, yes an hour and 20 minutes after we were seated). No check as we had requested with our entrees. About 20 minutes later when we were finished and STILL waiting for our check we had said we would need once we realized the rate of service, I went to a hostess stand and asked a busboy for it and the check came again with no acknowledgement by the waitress that she had forgotten our request. We did not even have the opportunity to look at the dessert menu since we could not chance another hour just to get our dessert as we had after lunch plans. By the time we left we had been in the restaurant for 2 hours, again still did not even get to look at the dessert/coffee menu since we had 5:00 plans. Very disappointing no manager or waiter took the time to speak to us or rectify the situation in any professional manner. No effort was made to discount our meal, take off an appetizer etc which is fairly common practice even at lower end restaurants. We were surprised and thoroughly disappointed from beginning to end of our experience with such slow service.

Been to Blu Pointe? Share your experiences!