“Maybe it was an off night ”
Review of Jolo's

Jolo's
Ranked #52 of 199 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit to the restaurant. The soups, I had pumpkin, my husband had lentil were both delicious. Our avocado salads were good, the dressing was not however.

I had a vitamin C booster smoothie which was fine. My husband had red sangria. He was not impressed.

I had the kale seaweed medley with a side of spinach and red kidney beans. It was very good. My husband had the ribz which he enjoyed.

The atmosphere was very chill and relaxing. I like the decor. The African and Jamaican art add wonderful touches as does the reggae.

The restaurant has so much potential but the service is disorganized. The waiters could not figure out who ordered what and at what table. I had to ask for a spoon as there were no place settings at the table. One waiter who doubles as a bartender had food in his mouth while offering desert. And most disheartening , the owner acted like he could care less that we were there. No welcome, no hello, no how is the food. In fact when I left he was so engrossed in looking at his phone I had to tap him on the shoulder to say good bye.

Service counts and in a sea of restaurants that's what makes a place really stand out. I recommend a visit but it's doubtful I will return .

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Jolo and his wife have curated a fabulous vegan menu with tasty takes on classics like pork ribs and orange chicken. Jolos infusion of fresh flavors and spices mean that I can enjoy a delicious light four course meal and not feel like a fatty.

Lovely ambiance, as the staff makes you feel at home and keeps the glasses of alkaline water full.

Thank Daniel B. L
Reviewed 26 April 2016

This Jolo's is a branch of the Jolo's on North Avenue but this location is much larger. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the owners very friendly. I had pumpkin soup and a quinoa burger, both were delicious. The place has beautiful art work and everything is eco friendly. They use silverware and linen napkins. My friend that came with me had a smoothie and she loved it. Besides entrees they also serve salads, wraps/sandwiches, desserts and various small plates which include soups. The prices are also very reasonable.