2,280 results
All reviews rocking chairs ice skating victorian room overnight guests three meals a day kids club smiley family hiking trails indoor pool spa treatments working fireplace buffet style tennis courts horseback riding visited mohonk lemon squeeze carriage lounge
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I recently spent 2 nights for a Spring Getaway. We noticed a midweek special on the internet. We had visited the property more than once in the past and we noticed some changes, some good, some not so good.

The Mohonk is perfect for Nature Lovers either hikers or mountain bike riders. On our first visit I called it "Rich People's Camping" because back then there was no A/C! The good news is that the Smilely family have renovated the property and added modern temperature control. But, still no T.V.s in rooms.

A new spa wing with gorgeous indoor pool has been added. Still no outdoor pool. I love looking at the lake, or boating, but swimming in a lake is not my style. I didn't use the pool because I prefer outdoor activities on my getaways.

The grounds are meticulously maintained. It was too early for the gardens to be in bloom, but they are outstanding and if you enjoy sitting

The grounds are 5 Star. The service 3 Star, nothing extra and especially for a property that brands itself luxury.

Finally, yes I know that blah blah blah we are improving our property. But the dinner buffet is a 2 Star at best. Don’t believe any of the action station hype. If you have ever been on a cruise or a Long Island cocktail hour you’ve had better. The quality of the meat was very good but when you went to get your food the meat you wanted was empty. I wouldn’t even have minded the mediocre food if the price reflected the change.

Will I return to Mohonk? Most likely yes because I love the grounds so much. But there needs to be luxury services exchanged for luxury prices or Mohonk will become another tourist trap.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank SusanD320
Eric G, General Manager at Mohonk Mountain House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Susan D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is wonderful to hear that you and your husband both enjoy the property and our outdoor activities. While I am sorry to hear that your recent experience dining with us did not meet your expectations, we do appreciate your feedback and patience during our kitchen renovation as our aim is to delight all of our guests. In the future, please don’t hesitate to let our team know if you need anything at all during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to us at guestrelations@mohonk.com with any additional comments or concerns you may have.

With appreciation,
Eric Gullickson

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Traveling from NYC was easy. I took a bus then a cab to location. I went alone I was not. The food was wonderful. It was quiet and peaceful. I enjoy the guided walks. The room was nice and clean, everyone was helpful.

Date of stay: October 2017
4  Thank eeehines3

Hi eeehines3,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. We are glad you traveled from the city and enjoyed your stay with us! We are happy to hear that our culinary team, grounds, and staff were able to make your getaway extra special.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mohonk!

With appreciation,
Eric Gullickson

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

While we’ve hiked by it many times, we never actually visited or stayed at the stately Mohonk Mountain House. For a special anniversary treat we spent two nights here and truly enjoyed the entire experience.

At $550 per night (all inclusive) for the cheapest room it’s not something we can generally afford but for something like an anniversary. Of course you get much more than a room. The food was exquisite and the staff very friendly.

All the activities are also included such as our two days of cross country skiing with groomed trails, rentals, ice skating and ballroom dance instruction. We also enjoyed the barn museum and the greenhouse! Never used the pool but it looked great (with lap lanes).

So when you factor in the meals and activities we felt it was certainly worth it.

Some insights about the stay.

A) we got a lower level room on the first floor. It had a lot hallway traffic but that diminished as the evening got late.

B) WiFi is an extra cost and I think most rooms have no TV. We didn’t miss it as there were more than enough activities and then some. Even reading the paper in the library for afternoon tea was a nice change vs surfing the internet.

Also we got two bars of coverage from our room even with T-Mobile.

C) I’d recommend the $25 day pass for the spa which gives you access to the outdoor hot mineral pool and inside steam room and sauna. They sometimes fill up on day passes so definitely get one in the morning.

D) we saw a lot of inter-generational families. Seemed like a great place for kids, parents and grandparent as there was lots to do for everyone.

E) the kitchen is being rebuilt and will double in size. The meals were buffet style and there were chefs in the dining area for made to order dishes.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChooChoo4427
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Our family has been going to Mohonk for over 20 years. The last time we visited was 3 years ago and we had a wonderful time as usual. We normally visit during the non-winter months so we can enjoy the hiking trails and lake activities. This time as well as the last we visited during March and both times snow was on the ground so our activities got to include cross country skiing and snow shoeing. The natural geographic beauty of the lake and area surrounding the Mountain House are breathtaking beautiful. The Mountain House itself is historic and charming and would not be for everybody. We love the meandering hallways and nocks and gathering areas spread throughout the property. The food at Mohonk has always been very good and plentiful but not quite gourmet. This visit we experienced a new level of food offerings and quality that definitely elevate the experience to gourmet. They had food stations for dinner instead of a 4 course menu; food stations of course are nothing knew and normally are not gourmet. These food stations were exceptional. The meat station offering included wagu beef, rack of rib veal roast/chops, duck breast, rack of lamb and all the other normal items. There were always 2 sushi/sashimi offerings that were great as well. The pasta station included freshly prepared pasta with freshly shave black truffles to order. Over all the experience was amazing as normal and the step up in food offerings will keep us coming back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We just came from a great trip to Mohonk w/ our kids. The food was some of the best we've ever had at a resort and we have eaten at all inclusives all over the world! Unfortunately it was in between seasons so we couldn't enjoy most of the trails. We would return when it is late spring/summer. However since there was a bit of snow, we got to try cross country skiing and snowshoeing. It was fun to try without having to pay extra. We had a fireplace in our room which added to the mountain ski lodge feel. Great place to get the gourmet experience without having to travel abroad!

Trip type: Travelled with family