See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Room is what you for, however it was cleaned ,chairs showed lots of ware.
There a fridge, micro but no COFFEE pot, went to desk she could me sent me down the street to the garage!!!! Really!!!!!Really she did not have anything to heat water for tea or even glass cups to put in micro wave. I had the tea usually I check room out did not today! COOFFEE POT IS A BASIC>>>>>>>in the hospitality industry!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2017

November 10, 2017. I made a reservation for the EconoLodge of New Paltz, NY, using Hotels.com. About 2 hours after making the reservation I arrived at the EconoLodge
(about 11 pm). I went to the office to check in. On the office door was a notice placed by the Board of Health stating that the water at the EconoLodge was unsafe to drink or to brush with, etc., and needed to be boiled before using. See photo.

I rang the doorbell to the office, which was locked, and I waited, and no one answered or came. I took a photo of the notice on the door.

I called Hotels.com and told them I wanted to cancel my reservation because of the water situation. When I booked the room, there wasn't anything mentioned about the water issue on the Hotels.com website.

Hotels.com said they contacted Econo Lodge and they wouldn't give me a refund or
allow the cancellation.

I argued and a supervisor said the best they could do was credit me
$60 of the $88.13 room charge.

I believe this is unfair and that other travelers should be made aware of the practices engaged in by Econo Lodge and Hotels.com.

If you are renting a hotel room you have an obligation to tell your guests if the water is not drinkable. Etc.

So, please, do not use Econo Lodge or Hotels.com. You will eventually regret it.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ChrisTravelsAllOver
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

For this location we were cost driven as we just needed a place to grab some sleep between two busy touring days. There were other similarly priced motels and since this was a chain, we expected a little bit better than what we got.
A well posted notice on the office entry door informed us that the water needed to be boiled. I asked the check-in agent why the notice was posted. She indicated there had been an unacceptable elevation of sulfur in the water that had already been addressed and they were waiting for a new inspection before removing the notice. We noticed the odor, did a quick wash up in the sink and went to bed. In the morning the sulfur smell was even greater and we opted to pass on taking a shower.
The room was clean and spacious though in need of a good painting. The tub we never used still had a sizable partially worn off product sticker on the face of the tub. The tub appeared to be at least a year old. There was no light in the entry "foyer" which was where hangers hung on an pole within the foyer. The lighting was poor in general, the mattresses were comfortable enough though very lightweight and easily slid on the box when you sat or lied down on them. There was a simple to use a/c heater unit and the Wi-fi was OK in our room. The breakfast was coffee, tea, Sunny-D, bread and bagels for toasting, mini muffins and mini buns and bananas. No comfortable place to eat it so take the tray from your room and bring it back to your room to eat.
In general the whole motel needs an update,if not an upgrade.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

After reading some reviews, I was a little disappointed when this was the only available place to stay near New Paltz on Alumni Reunion weekend. But the welcome was warm, the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the shower was hot. The exterior belies the comfort of the interior rooms. And the continental breakfast in the office is a nice touch. No, its not a Ritz Carlton, but it is more than adequate.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stayed at the Econo Lodge for 1 night for a weekend getaway in New Paltz. It's a nice enough place. There was a used towel in our bathroom. I guess they just forgot to take it for cleaning. Otherwise it was clean and quiet. We did hear next door chatting when we got there, but it was quiet at night. We didn't do the breakfast, but it's a tiny place. The woman at check in was very nice and helpful. I would think this would book quickly come foliage, so it's fine for a night and better than some others as I have read.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple