“Pleasant Surprise!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz
Reviewed 16 October 2017

After reading some reviews, I was a little disappointed when this was the only available place to stay near New Paltz on Alumni Reunion weekend. But the welcome was warm, the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the shower was hot. The exterior belies the comfort of the interior rooms. And the continental breakfast in the office is a nice touch. No, its not a Ritz Carlton, but it is more than adequate.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stayed at the Econo Lodge for 1 night for a weekend getaway in New Paltz. It's a nice enough place. There was a used towel in our bathroom. I guess they just forgot to take it for cleaning. Otherwise it was clean and quiet. We did hear next door chatting when we got there, but it was quiet at night. We didn't do the breakfast, but it's a tiny place. The woman at check in was very nice and helpful. I would think this would book quickly come foliage, so it's fine for a night and better than some others as I have read.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

my room was clean, staff was helpful and friendly. This hotel is called Econo Lodge for a reason, breakfast was quite inadequate probably due to the space constraints give the hotel lobby and lack of common areas. this is a good place to stay if you are looking for a good value.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glotzsmile1
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Last week we stayed in two rooms with a family of six persons. Rooms are good, clean and spacey. Fred the owner welcomed us very friendly and was helpful. I can really recommend this place for a stay if you don't have your expectations high.

Room Tip: Quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I recently had a very unfortunate experience at the New Paltz, NY Econolodge on June 17th-18th. I chose to stay here because it was inexpensive, had a pool, and appeared clean. I was mistaken and should have paid the money to stay somewhere better.

The pool looked like a frog pond. There was algae coating the bottom, the lounge chairs were filthy, and the shed attached was covered in exposed foam siding.

We booked a double queen but when we got to our room, room 207, it was a single king. This was inconvenient since it was my friend and I with our kids and we needed the space. We decided to try to make it work since we were all exhausted and didn't want to drag the kids around. So, I went down to the desk to ask for more towels and for one of the cots, which were situated outside our room and covered in a sheet with dead bugs on top of it. We had no choice though. I was told there were no clean towels in the entire hotel and that if a cot was available then we could have it, but we would still have to pay the $10.

I came back to the room annoyed and upset. This is when we opened the drawer next to the bed and found 2 empty cans of beer and a black plastic bag. After this I was very annoyed but still didn't want to make a scene.

Someone came to the room with more towels and apologized for the room mix up and gave us the cot with fresh, clean sheets with no charge.

The following morning one of the children opened the top dresser drawer and discovered a dozen empty beer cans, an empty bottle of vodka and another black plastic bag. In the second drawer there was another bottle of vodka and in the third a black plastic bag. In the other drawer next to the bed there was another black plastic bag.

This was when we calmly decided to leave asap and write a complaint. Attached you will see the pictures of the drawers that I took. I was unsure about staying at an Econolodge to begin with and this experience confirms that your establishment is sub par.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
7.2 km away
Super 8 Highland NY
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!