“Good value for money”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Last week we stayed in two rooms with a family of six persons. Rooms are good, clean and spacey. Fred the owner welcomed us very friendly and was helpful. I can really recommend this place for a stay if you don't have your expectations high.

Room Tip: Quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I recently had a very unfortunate experience at the New Paltz, NY Econolodge on June 17th-18th. I chose to stay here because it was inexpensive, had a pool, and appeared clean. I was mistaken and should have paid the money to stay somewhere better.

The pool looked like a frog pond. There was algae coating the bottom, the lounge chairs were filthy, and the shed attached was covered in exposed foam siding.

We booked a double queen but when we got to our room, room 207, it was a single king. This was inconvenient since it was my friend and I with our kids and we needed the space. We decided to try to make it work since we were all exhausted and didn't want to drag the kids around. So, I went down to the desk to ask for more towels and for one of the cots, which were situated outside our room and covered in a sheet with dead bugs on top of it. We had no choice though. I was told there were no clean towels in the entire hotel and that if a cot was available then we could have it, but we would still have to pay the $10.

I came back to the room annoyed and upset. This is when we opened the drawer next to the bed and found 2 empty cans of beer and a black plastic bag. After this I was very annoyed but still didn't want to make a scene.

Someone came to the room with more towels and apologized for the room mix up and gave us the cot with fresh, clean sheets with no charge.

The following morning one of the children opened the top dresser drawer and discovered a dozen empty beer cans, an empty bottle of vodka and another black plastic bag. In the second drawer there was another bottle of vodka and in the third a black plastic bag. In the other drawer next to the bed there was another black plastic bag.

This was when we calmly decided to leave asap and write a complaint. Attached you will see the pictures of the drawers that I took. I was unsure about staying at an Econolodge to begin with and this experience confirms that your establishment is sub par.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived very very late and we were kinda happy to find a bed. I have to say it was clean and that there was a fridge in the room but for the price point, this is a scam... The "breakfast" was included. Simple but ok...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017

My room was great! Excellent furnishings and very clean, day after day. The staff was great, especially Fred Bornemann who was a very gracious and accommodating host. Everything about my stay was great. So great that I have already made reservations for another extended stay. I highly recommend this Econo Lodge. 10/10

Room Tip: If the rest of the rooms are as nice as mine, just pick one.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Basic in the best way! Right next to a strip club and a diner. Lots of options for entertainment. Nice staff. Super quiet. Clean and neat. Tiny bathroom but great water pressure and super hot! And a pool!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Hampton Inn Kingston
#1 of 10 in Kingston
12.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!