All reviews continental breakfast close to town yogurt room was clean wifi worked well short drive hot shower safe area water pressure minnewaska state park mini fridge would stay here again thruway ny
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family (husband and young adult sons) convinced me to give this hotel a 4. I was inclined to give it a 3 but honestly it really was fine in its "class." I wonder if it is family-owned because they still use an index card registration system. The front desk staff were very friendly. It is in a safe area almost residential convenient to the highway. The rooms were clean and comfortable and quiet. The furnishings were outdated but this did not bother anyone but me. We didn't get breakfast because we left super early but it was a fine continental selection for free.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Kimberly M, Sales Manger at Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

the bathroom and amenities was ok. The main issues was that our room was never cleaned or made up. We contacted the front desk and the cleaning people claimed it was cleaned. The breakfast was just standard with no hot items.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kimberly M, Sales Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here one night for my brother's wedding, which was across street. The nicer hotel across street was booked. The hotel room smelled Musty- I think it was A/C so I turned it off and opened window, which helped make it bearable. The bathroom had mold all over ceilings and behind makeup mirror on wall. Sink had no pressure and my husband took off cover and black gunk gushed out. I refused to walk barefoot in room. Lobby smelled like smoke. Breakfast was basic. It isn't much cheaper than brand new hotel across street, so I recommend staying there (my SIL was there so I saw rooms and it was nice!). Front desk and a housekeeper I passed in hallway were nice. Only plus.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Kimberly M, Sales Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We stayed there on our way traveling to Vermont. It is conveniently located right off Rt. 87...the room was clean and neat. Nothing fancy ... just a basic room to stay for the night. Service was good and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review! It is always a pleasure to receive nice reviews such as yours! We are looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

The room smelled a lot humidity. It was disgusting ni
There was an insect near the door.
Poor breakfast. No eggs, sausage or fruit.
The lady at the desk at night did not have a smile.
The lady at the morning was nicer.

Room Tip: Change the filter in the air conditioner so doesn't smell like mold
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kimberly M, Sales Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers. All comments are always appreciated and accepted.