“Great schnitzel. ”

Ranked #49 of 103 Restaurants in New Hyde Park
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Originally founded in 1938, Brasserie 214 was known as the New Hyde Park Inn. After extensive renovations to the Inn's event facility in 2007, Brasserie 214 has become Long Island's hottest bistro. We'll take you on a culinary road trip through Europe, making stops in France, Northern Italy, Belgium, Germany, and Scandinavia. We've taken old world classics and given them modern gourmet twists. We'll take your taste buds on a trip they'll never forget!
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Been coming here for years. Great European cuisine. Our waitress who has been there for 20 years was amazing. Wiener schnitzel and sauerbraten spot on. The adjoining catering hall can improve the food. In the past we were squinted with the Dutch chef Armand who created the concept with mr Marino. He is not here anymore but his sous chef has managed to keep the quality. A great place where no one will rush u paired with sophistication.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

When you are in the area of New Hyde Park Brasserie 214 is a great choice. The Place is beautiful especially during Christmas time. The food is top of line and delicious. The thai dumpling are a good way to start off.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Although the catering part of the Inn is pretty good, I can't imagine how the restaurant and Bar exist in the same space. Really pretty bar and decent music, but the food leaves a lot to be desired! If you are choosing from the bar menu, a burger or salad is a good choice. It's downhill from there. I have eaten in the restaurant several time, hoping it would get better, but I honestly can't believe this is the best they have to offer. The food is really horrible!

1  Thank TRAVELAGENTNY
Reviewed 25 October 2014

I'll break down my review in a few components. Food A- Fresh, tasty and plenty of wonderful choices on the menu. They have great prix-fixe nights(Thursday-Steak night, Friday-Seafood night), Service A+++(only if you get Terry which ensures you a great time and you feel like a valuable customer) and the bus staff really works hard to take good care of you, Ambience C-due to the fact that the noise level from the other rooms(mainly the live band or DJ)makes it hard to have a normal conversation or romantic calm evening dinner. The place is comfortable depending on which room you get to dine in but the noise level makes you feel like you are at a local pub. Note: The hostesses are attractive but they are quite snooty and don't really seem to care about customer relations...perhaps they don't value their job or they just want to be picked up at the bar:)LOL There are mainly 2 dining rooms that will cater to you...try to get the one on the right. Don't worry you'll be able to see what I mean when you get there!

Overall a great place to dine, celebrate a special occasion or perhaps just to hang out with your friends...it's pretty festive and the prices are alright. For a romantic evening...not quite because of the noise level unless you don't have much to say to your significant other. Happy Eating and I'll see ya around the table. ENJOY:)

2  Thank lejaceman
Reviewed 23 September 2014

I had the volcano steak and asparagus in my recent visit, and it was unreal. All the food is so fresh and I believe Brasserie 214 has one of the very best and largest beer selections in the area. I don't live in New york, but I am there very often on business. The Brasserie 214 would succeed in Manhattan, but Long Islanders have a chance to dine there!

I highly recommend.

I forgot...great service to....especially from Terry

1  Thank Cabo F