“Great pies”
Review of Monica's Pies

Monica's Pies
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Naples
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Monica's strawberry pie is wonderful. She makes the notorious grape pies of Naples. I love all the fruit pies and the pastry is so light.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

The grape pie tasted like a pie with grape jelly in it. We had to try it though. Key Lime pie was average. Nice that they sell six inch pies that you can try. We did take home a large chicken pot pie for dinner that was quite good.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

I can’t seem to write this review without plagiarizing 123Boomer’s review of October 2014. We stopped by Monica’s on Saturday afternoon and picked up several pies. One Strawberry Rhubarb for my niece who said it was absolutely divine. A mixed berry for us, which was VERY tart but the big seeds were just too hard to handle, but given this was a berry pie, I guess that was to be expected. What wasn’t expected was the absolutely horrible frozen chicken pot pie. It was SO salty (and I love salt) that it burned going down and brought tears to my eyes. The crust also had an off, rancid taste that I assume must have been from very old lard or shortening in the crust, either that, or the pie was just plain old. The “gravy” was just a thick yucky mass of some sort of gelatinous thickener, plus a very bad, overly salted chicken stock. It was Very poor quality. The peas were ok but the very thin, overly cooked slices of carrot did nothing to counter that horrible salty taste. There were nice pieces of chicken scattered throughout, but that was about it. I would have expected some cream or milk in the gravy but there wasn’t any. Like 123Boomer, my hubby will eat just about anything, but he insisted that we just throw this mess in the garbage. I make my own chicken pot pie from the old Betty Crocker cookbook and this stuff didn’t taste anything like that. Looking back at very old reviews that raved about this pie, it sounds like they changed the recipe and have ignored the bad reviews dating back to late 2014. To their credit, in the late summer, their Peach Glase’ pie is to die for.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

We stopped by to pick up small pies for friends, and we bought a large pie for ourselves. She was nice enough to give us forks so we could eat the pie in the car before we even pulled out of the parking lot! Eating Monica's grape pie is like eating a fine wine.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Saw the place driving by to another destination and quickly pulled in. Place was closed but we rang the bell and they let us right in. Pies were delicious!