“Short stay - truly memorable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountainville
The Storm King Lodge
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I wanted to get out of NYC for a day, and decided to drive up to Storm King Lodge late on a Tuesday night. I wanted to wake up in the country and beat any traffic I might incur on a early morning drive from the city. Hal was very accommodating. He kindly arranged to leave a key out for us and breakfast in the morning was amazing! Blueberry french toast! YUM!

Because we arrived very late at night, Hal let us stay a few hours past check-out to relax, walk around the property and swim in the pool. The pool was great!

This was one of the nicest homes I've ever been too and although we were there a very short time, it truly was memorable and felt like a great vacation.

I'd go back. And, I highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Coraline Z

Reviewed 3 July 2012

For our first wedding anniversary weekend we stayed at the Storm King Lodge. I really love sculpture art and it is only a 5min drive to Storm King Art center. The breakfasts were fantastic and we enjoyed some lovely conversations with other guests. We swam in the big pool and hung out on the verandad. Fantastic :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Five years ago we stayed at this b & b on a visit with family. Because some of our family lives in the area, this time we visited with cousins also from out of town who stayed at the Lodge and we joined them there for breakfast. The owner is Hal Jenks, and the Lodge is in Mountainville, New York, where the Storm King Art Center is located, about an hour's drive north of the George Washington Bridge. It is tucked between two mountains on a quiet road, and a very pretty property, conveniently located and at the same time quite rural. The Storm King Art Center is a 5 minute drive away. Hal Jenks was not only a good cook, but also a helpful, sociable but nonintrusive host. The Lodge is attractive and very comfortable both in the bedroom and in the great room where ample couches and a large dining room table invite relaxation and a delicious breakfast, We had a frittata, two kinds of meat, orange juice, and gallons of good coffee, with croissant and jams and jellies to finish off a very good and hearty breakfast. Birds sing, the hills are beautiful and invite hikes, and there are excellent restaurants nearby. We lunched at the Hudson Street Cafe in nearby Cornwall-on-Hudson.

Room Tip: There are pictures on the Lodge website. Room choice is so personal.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We had a lovely stay at the Storm King Lodge - we made a last minute reservation and Hal was very accomodating. The room was beautiful and the views of the mountains were lovely during sunset. We were able to drink a bottle of wine purchased at the local wineries out on the patio and enjoy the summer! Breakfast was delicious too!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband & I had needed time to ourselves for way to long & I heard about the Storm King Art Center so decided to find a place right next to it! It felt like home away from home & our host, Hal, made us feel like one of the family!

The surroundings were so lovely & peaceful...mountains to look out @ over coffee, birds feeding their chicks & lovely meadows.

The breakfasts were excellent, the B&B so cozy. I felt our room was just right, private but not like a stuffy hotel. I loved having my windows open wide. We hopped in the pool & sipped wine all by ourselves then zoomed out for dinner overlooking the Hudson!

Thanks again Hal! Fondly, Jay & Kelly Seaman

P.S> Haven't forgotten to look for spiced gum drops!

Room Tip: I liked being upstairs in the "lavendar room".
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountainville
10.5 km away
Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Salisbury Mills
2.5 km away
Cromwell Manor Historic Inn

Been to The Storm King Lodge? Share your experiences!