“Appears to be pout of business”

Four Corners Country Inn
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the rolling hills of the Catskills, we are centrally located 5 minutes from Phoenicia, 15 minutes from Woodstock or Belleayre ski slopes and 25 minutes from Saugerties or Hunter Mountain. We have a full bar and restaurant featuring French-American fare from French classic dishes to burger, pasta dishes and generous salads. Our menu is carefully crafted to offer a wide range of well executed traditional dishes. We are bringing the classics back! The Inn consists of 8 Rooms furnished with antiques as well as more modern features such as private bath and WIFI. The charm of an 1850’s building is prevalent in rooms with small original details. We strive to create a comfortable, friendly and welcoming atmosphere of a Country Inn for all our guests.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Drove past on Easter Sunday. Realtor's for sale sign in front; only one car in the parking lot. After a long and checkered history, it seems this B&B/Inn is down for the count.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I don't know where all the good reviews are coming from. Absolutely sub par service and poorly prepared food for the price. I was hopeful based on generally good reviews, but in our experience this was a restaurant to avoid at all costs. It took them 2 hours to serve our party of 11, and if we hadn't gone and waited at the front counter for them to prepare our check at the end, it would have taken much longer. Over the course of 2 hours the waiter came to attend to our table a grand total of 3 times, and only poured water once. We ultimately decided to go to the wait table and get a pitcher of water ourselves. Once our first round of cocktails was done (within the first 15 minutes), the waiter never asked if we wanted any refills or additional drinks. When the food finally came out, it was crazy salted and about half the people at our table found the taste very disappointing. When the first course was done, it took the waiter 20 minutes to come and ask if we wanted dessert, then it took another 20 minutes for the dessert to come out. When we asked to split the check in two, the waiter told us it was going to be "really tough and confusing." At the end, the kids in our group were getting restless so most of the adults took them outside, leaving two adults inside to wait for the check. After 10 minutes of additional waiting, the two of us finally went up to the cash register to ask for the check, and said we really had to get going and we'd been waiting two hours. To which the owner (we later found out) told me I "had an attitude" and that they we taking so long to accommodate our request to split the bill in two. I told him that if it was too confusing to split the bill, he could just give us one, to which he replied that I would be getting two bills because "that's what I demanded." I told him that was ridiculous, and that our treatment was ridiculous and that the service was slow and we had every right to be upset. At this point the guy behind the bar threatened me and told me "I better watch myself." I asked what he meant, and if he was threatening me, to which he told me that the guy I was talking to was the owner and I should give him more respect. Really? What is this, the mafia? Needless to say, it was a terrible dinner experience and we were physically threatened and told we were the ones with bad attitudes when really the restaurant had horrible service and bad food. Can't understand all these 4 and 5 star reviews. BEWARE.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I love this B & B! It was a five minute drive from the main street and Phonecia & a short drive to Woodstock where we hiked & visited small shops. Phonecia is a small town but you can find plenty to do there for the weekend. We ate at a couple of restaurants & chilled at the river. The owners & staff are super friendly & welcoming. We chilled both nights at their in house bar which was perfect for having a night cap and wondering upstairs to our room which was nice & clean. It's reasonably priced with a great breakfast. We would def. Stay again!

Reviewed 10 May 2016

We had a traditional Thanksgiving meal here in November. The service was first rate, and friendly. The turkey dinner, with all the trimmings, and home made pie, was exactly what we were looking for, on a holiday usually spent with family. We will go back to try their regular menu.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

Creative dishes but very satisfying. Sort of comfort food with imagination. Enjoyed dinner there and breakfast as well. Both were perfect. A few tables have a great view of the creek