“Looks can be deceiving”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Montauk
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Really disappointed in the items purchased on Sat Nov 4th. Really craving something sweet and yummy and I ordered a scone for bfast the following morning and a raspberry filled cupcake to enjoy in the car after we drove over to the docks. The cupcake was ice cold.....literally. The frosting that looked like beautiful piped buttercream literally lifted off the cupcake in one solid mass and could be held out with nothing bending or dripping. Same with the filling. One solid small mass in a huge cupcake. So disappointing. I truly believe this item was made ahead at some point and frozen which is fine but let your customers know that! Of course anyone prefers a fresh made item but we're all aware it's not peak season and you need to be prudent. A simple "give it about 30 minutes to come to room temp" or something would have helped. At $6.95 for one item, this was a joke.

The scone was so dreadful it simply went into the trash. I have to believe that when things are made and sold fresh at this business they must be much better as there are so many great reviews. For me, I may as well have crumpled up my money and fed it to a seagull.

1  Thank mskayjay727

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Best bakery!!!! Always friendly and great variety! Had the croissant - perfectly done. Always a must stop when in Montauk!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We enjoyed some egg sandwiches here that were cooked perfectly and some wonderful Crumb cake for breakfast. The server was very nice and the food fresh and delicious!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Cannot say enough about the jelly donut croissant's. I'm obsessed. My 21-year-old son still lives for the last of cookies. I buy a dozen and put them in my freezer to bring home. And the coffee is so fresh and so delicious I buy 10 pounds before I come home

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

You can't exit Montauk without bringing home that souvenir box of famous jelly croissants, I also love their last day open before high season, to get those beautiful leaf cookies to decorate our table with over Thanksgiving. The coffee is awesome as well, staff very friendly , cakes are amazing. Only good things to say about this delicious little landmark in Montauk Village.