“Superb value Motel”

Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Superb value Motel”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Stayed in October for a 1 week fishing trip, great value Motel.
Rooms very clean and well maintained, nice area at front which gets lots of sun for sitting outside.
Owner was so very helpfull, I had some mail order shopping shipped to the Motel a week before my visit (Because Im from the UK and USA has far cheaper prices) Anyway the owner made 4 trips to the post office to collect my stuff and it was all waiting for me when I arrived.Cant thank her enough, you dont get service like that from the big Motel chains.
Will be staying there on future visits, great value and service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank colin m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed here back in September 2011. It was an extremely clean and very well maintained hotel. The furnitures and fixtures were dated for what I am used to, however, the matresses were very nice and comfortable. The rooms were also very spacious. The staff was wonderfully helpful. I was doing some fall fishing and this was very convenient to the marina. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TheTravelingFoley
New York
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The harborside motel is a very nice place to stay! Clean and very comfy! Has a pool,tennis court,basketball court, grills (if you wanna BBQ). Very close to the water and.....
FRIENDLY STAFF!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on upperlevel are great to hang waders
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My first time trip to Montauk without any pre-planning. The staff was very knowledgeable of the local activities. Marina, restaurants and beaches were in walking distance although we mostly drove.

The room was very clean and has a casual nautical feel. I was also surprised the pool temperature was still warm in late September.

All in all, Harborside made my cool list in Montauk.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, corner rooms get the best light and potential views
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel. I made the reservation 2 weeks in advance. Without warning, the female manager called me at 7:30pm on the day of my check-in and advised me that she was cancelling my reservation because I hadn't arrived at 3:00pm to check in at the hotel. I live about 4 hours away from Montaulk and I wasn't scheduled to arrive at the hotel until around 10:00pm. I tried to explain to the manager that I was currently driving to the harborside resort motel and that I wasn't aware that I had to be at the hotel by 3:00pm to check in. She was extremely rude and combative with me on the phone and she actually cancelled my reservation! I have never heard of a hotel business practice where they cancel your reservation without warning if you do not check in at 3:00pm. When I voiced my opinion to the manager about her improper treatment of a customer, she hung up the phone on me. I called her back and she hung up again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank john9600
trinmon, Manager at Harborside Resort Motel, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
It is extremely unfortunate that a guest can use a media like Trip Advisor, which is so useful to potential guests, to attempt to discredit a business because they just want to be vindictive.

This guest has claimed that his reservation was cancelled because he did not show up at 3.00pm check in time. Which Motel will ever cancel a reservation for that reason?
The guest did make a reservation with an estimated arrival time of 3.00pm. About 7.00pm when he did not arrive to check in, a courtesy call was made, which is customary to all guest, to inquire if he was delayed, and what may be his new arrival time, since we would make arrangements for late arrivals.

As soon as the guest got on the line and the question was asked, he became so belligerent, it was a total shock. Even though I tried to explain to him that this is the usual procedure, he persisted with his belligerence and then started using profanities.

Did I hang up on him, yes I did, did I tell him the reservation was cancelled, I did. I told him that since he had not even check in and that was his behaviour, he would not be welcomed at the motel since we catered to families and that behaviour was not acceptable. No one should have to listen to anyone using obscene language. What the guest did not say, is that he called about half an hour later and apologized for his behaviour and said, and I quote "I got off on the wrong foot, and I am sorry, I am sitting in traffic and I am fustrated, can I please have the reservation reinstated." I accepted his apology, and told him how much I appreciated his call, and made arrangements with him for a late check in. I guess he was so bent on being vindictive, and of course now proving that his apology was not genuine, that he forgot to mention it in his review.

At the Harborside, we go the extra mile to ensure that our guest have the best experience possible. We understand that Montauk is a resort destination, and that most of guest have to travel some distance to get to us. It is our job and our pleasure to ensure that there Montauk experience was worth the drive. We will continue to do so.