“The Very Best in Montauk”

The Ocean Resort Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I make a trip to the Ocean Resort Inn three or four times every summer and look forward to returning every year. The location is great - across the street from the beach and walking distance to town and the rooms are IMMACULATE!!!!!

I have know Ginny, the innkeeper for the past 25 years - I used to stay at another resort she owned. She is one of the reasons I return year after year. She is warm and welcoming and she and her entire staff go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. You will absolutely love this hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ALEXISMICHELE
There are newer reviews for The Ocean Resort Inn

Reviewed 7 March 2011

We stayed at the Ocean Resort Inn for our honeymoon. It was my first trip to Montauk. Ginny and the staff were so friendly, informative and very accommodating. The view of the ocean from our room was beautiful. The room was so clean and had everything we needed. If we forgot something, the staff was efficient in getting it to us. They had everything you need right there at your fingertips. The location was great! It was seconds to the beach and within walking distance to the charming town and awesome restaurants. We will definitely make this our anniversary spot for years to come. Thanks Ginny and staff at Ocean Resort Inn for the great time we had and for the amazing hospitality you showed us. Bobby and Angela T

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Booked 2 rooms at the Ocean Resort Inn for a July 2010 stay to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday, at least that was the plan. When we arrived to check in Ginny went ballistic, I can’t even repeat the language used but the gist of it was she refused our entry to the resort and told us to “GET OUT because we had to many people”. Well, as the mother of 2 children I was mortified and my daughter was crushed. After being thrown out of the Ocean Resort Inn we needed a place to stay and the Ocean Beach, Royal Atlantic and several other hotels in the area were more than willing to accept our business. It seams strange to me that every other hotel we visited was willing to accept our group with open arms but, the Ocean Resort Inn who knows my family as respectful and responsible people refused our business. Lucky for us there were vacancies at these other resorts and we settled on two ocean front rooms at the Ocean Beach and, they were more than accommodating.
We have stayed at Ginny’s resort in the past with out incident but this episode has convinced me that Ginny should not be running a resort or any other business for that matter. Her behavior that day bordered on criminal and as for her professionalism, when my husband called to check the status of our refund, he was told that it would be sent out when “she is good and ready”.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
15  Thank beachnut88
TerrorMontaukNY, General Manager at The Ocean Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2010

Reservation was made for 4 persons per room for a total of 8 persons. I can not believe I after being in the hospitality business since 1975 could have been decieved and lied to in the manner I was by this reviewer. Yes I did tell the review to leave the property> Limo drpped off 9 young girls and they were sneaking with pillow under their arms to to one of the room that accommodate 4 only. I am mandated by the Town Fire Marshall and I have never in all my years in business ever allow more people in a room than if called for. Fire safety issue. One only has to go back to the fire in White Plains NY that brought fire safety rules and regulations into the hospitality business.

Of course I can expond on I said, she said but in the end I know I did the right thing and am not sorry. I, do not like to be deceived or lied to it's not my makeup. Honesty is always the best policy

Reviewed 18 September 2010

Despite having confirmed, reconfirmed my reservation, and giving my credit card information, the angry-at-the world, rude, and unprofessional ("don't argue with me, you are messing with the wrong person") proprietress Ginny told me that they no longer had my reservation, given my room away, and it was my fault for not re-confirming the reservation a second time. Not to mention the nasty follow-up email where she asks "how in the world did you think that no contact since July, or a charge on you AMEX, would guarantee you a reservation". Golly, that's how to make a reservation at every other hotel in the world. And here I thought hotels hold your credit card info if you don't show up to charge a penalty. Stupid me...

Too bad I had a wedding to go to that weekend, and nowhere to stay.

If you value having a room when you arrive, don't try to book here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
10  Thank bbb007
TerrorMontaukNY, General Manager at The Ocean Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2010

Reservation was canceled. IT'S very hard to call someone living in Turkey with no phone contact number to inform them that reservation made in June for a wedding in Montauk in September was canceled. Reviewer was never charged in June on credit card for the reservation in June.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

ORI is a nice hotel located beach side in the village of Montauk. The rooms and the property are extremely well kept, big plus! Thelocation is either a love it or hate it type spot.

If you like being in a congested area where you can walk across the street to the beach and walk across the other side of the street for food, ice cream, gift shops etc., then this destination is for you. If however, you are looking for a place with a scenic view and want an ocean get away without carnival noise, traffic and congestion; this is not the place to go.

Overall, I give ORI high marks for cleanliness and service but low marks for price. Simply not worth $300/night (although it is probably on the high end of comparable with other local spots).

Summary, if you like to be at the center of the beach town with lots of other families and don’t want to get in your car for 7 days but be able to access everything then ORI is great. If you are looking for something a little more rustic, look on Old Montauk Highway, there are lots of nice places there that offer very scenic views and a closeness with nature.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple