All reviews front desk across the street girls weekend sole east room was clean fort pond first floor perfect location place to stay amenities town shuttle
Reviewed 8 August 2018

This is flat out a motel. That said, the room was clean, cool and comfortable. The location is close to everything. Breakfast spots, shops, nicer restaurants (S. Edison & Harvest @ Fort Pond) are a short walk away. Then of course the beach is right across the street. So we love the location enough to stay here 3 times.
ONE NOTE; On our first night this week, we were awakened at 1:30am by a knock on the door by a lost drunk. He left and returned about 10 minutes later. This time I opened the door to tell him he had the wrong room. He attempted to come in, so I had to stiff arm him back outside. This was pretty upsetting to my wife and I and a little scary. I realize this is not the hotel's fault, but management could have handled this differently. When I called the front desk, I assume my call was answered at the resort, several miles away. No one was on duty at the motel desk. They said they would check it out, but never asked my name or room number or ask if we were okay. There was never any follow up, so I don't know if anyone ever came over t check it out. Disappointed!

Room Tip: Top floors may be quieter, but you cant pick your neighbors
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Just left a 3 day stay at this quaint hotel in Montauk! The staff couldn’t be nicer, the food great and the amenities just fabulous. Definitely a little pricey but enjoyable none the less and left here with no regrets! We came as a family, including our 15 month old son and our dog. Well Riley our dog had an absolute blast hanging by the pool making friends and chilling. He had the run of the yard .. all fenced in so he can explore but yet stay close to us. My son enjoyed the pool and lounging on the beds. Food was great! Front desk staff couldn’t do enough for you and were overwhelming welcoming to our dog thank goodness since Riley can sometimes be overly friendly!
The only complain is that the room was just a little too small for our needs but there are other room options too which we will look at for the future ! We were provided with beach passes for the day and just loved every minute of our mini vaca! We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to Sole Beach since it was Shepards Neck Beach. This property is what Montauk is all about. Nothing pretentious, just a beach motel right across from the beach. My friends and I always congregate outside our room in the Adirondack furniture. Ignore the bad reviews, after reading a few i realizes these people are definitely the "new" crowd that don't understand the charm of Montauk and want a resort experience at motel prices. The beds are comfy, bathroom is well designed and you can throw a baseball to the beach. What more could you ask for?????

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank jasper107dirk
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Sadly we were really disappointed in this spot while it has great beach access it was hardly worth the price the room was very drafty and nothing special at all...
I mean I know it's the off season but would it kill you to throw an extra blanket in the room or something...?!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The people at the front desk do not return your calls. After multiple emails requesting information on your paid reservation they MIGHT answer but think it's acceptable to tell you you're inconveniencing them. Under no circumstances should you cancel your reservation because they will make your life a living nightmare by charging you the full deposit PLUS the full nightly rate. Needless to say I will never step foot near this place or recommend to anybody. Do not book with either Sole East Beach or Resort - they are impossible and INCREDIBLY RUDE!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends