All reviews fire pit roman bath steam room sea water guest services room upgrade beach club ocean front off season the entire resort saltwater pool year round fitness center bedroom cottage front desk manager restaurant staff summer months
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Gurney’s is a magic place set in the most magical of places. Live Montauk and gurneys is the perfect place to stay when visiting. Staff, room and entertaining areas are all top class. You won’t regret it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MichaelNenner290, General Manager at Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear jordanarigby,

Thank you for joining us at Gurney's Montauk! We're so pleased to hear about your "magical" experience and we appreciate you sharing your comments with us.

We do hope that you'll join us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We returned to Gurney's this year for a stay with our three young children - and had an amazing stay as always. The rooms were beautiful and clean and the service outstanding. We enjoyed a nice couples massage and dinner at Scarpetta. The girls had fun during the Easter weekend activities with the Easter egg hunt and bouncy house.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mpentcheva
MichaelNenner290, General Manager at Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear mpentcheva,

Thank you for joining us for the Easter Weekend! I'm pleased to hear the family enjoyed the facilities, activations and dining options.

We do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel but especially the spa are very old and the renovations were pretty minimal to miserable. The spa is very dirty and beyond outdated. It also smells like mold which is unhealthy. I would not recommend going.

Date of stay: April 2018
3  Thank polciop

Dear polciop,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and would like the chance to speak with you to obtain more information.

Please email me at the address below.

michael.nenner@gurneysresorts.com

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Michelle Marro from guest services was such a pleasure to work with! She helped coordinate my best friend's surprise bachelorette party and decorated our suite. As the maid of honor - I wanted to decorate the hotel room like all the Pinterest boards but physically could not make that happen while being so far from Montauk. Michelle just requested for a few pictures, provided a mailing address so I can send Etsy orders to her, and also her personal cell phone number so I could let her know when we were almost there! She coordinated a cake, pretzels, fruit platters, nuts, chocolate covered strawberries, bahamamamas, balloons, streamers, flower petals - she did it all! We also received a complimentary oceanfront view!

Another important person was Allison Ebanks - she helped coordinate all the spa appointments for all the bridesmaids. Everyone was super relaxed and ready for the bride's surprise bridal shower the next day!

Gurney's was a great experience even during the off-season. Thank you so much for providing the high quality service. We hope to be back during the summer months!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Stacy C,

Thank for your bringing the Bachelorette Party to Gurney's!

Thank you for recognizing Michelle as she's an incredible asset for us and it sounds like she enjoyed doing this for your party as well. I'm also pleased to hear that Allison and the Spa did an amazing job of coordinating your treatments.

Gurney's is a very special place and it's due to our wonderful employees and the experiences they create.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

...and it was beyond my expectations in most respects. My only complaint ( and it is relatively minor) would be the fact that the resort seemed understaffed at the bar and the snack bar, causing a long wait for drinks and for coffee. We visited Monday- Wednesday during the off season and the hotel was very quiet. The restaurant was closed both nights, but the hotel provided transportation to town where we were able to find a lovely seafood dinner. The spa was beautiful. I had a wonderful massage and also enjoyed all of the spa amenities, which helped to allow me to fully relax.

Room tip: deluxe ocean front king.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank hhp1209
MichaelNenner290, General Manager at Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear hhp1209,

Thank you for staying with us and I'm so pleased to hear that you got to enjoy all that Gurney's has to offer.

It's unfortunate that you missed Scarpetta Beach during your stay as it will open 7 days a week starting Easter to Christmas. I appreciate the feedback regarding the bar and Corso, so we can make adjustments with the team.

I hope that you don't have to wait too long to return and please let me know if you need assistance in re-booking.

michael.nenner@gurneysresorts.com