“Best Puerto Rican food in Middletown”
Review of La Fonda Boricua

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Fonda Boricua
Ranked #38 of 196 Restaurants in Middletown
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Hands down freshest pernil, rotisserie chicken and sides around. &10 lunch special is awesome and the atmosphere is teaming with merengue music and latin artwork. Portions are more than adequate, as are take out. A must visit when in the area.

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I go to eat here SOOOOO much their food is amazing always doesn't matter what you order it's made fresh and with love the owners deserve all the best with this restaurant it is truly amazing

Reviewed 30 October 2015

My daughter and I stumbled upon this restaurant on our way to the guesthouse we were staying at and decided to stay for early supper. The restaurant did not disappoint. My daughter had the salmon with passion fruit sauce and I had the chicken stew. Her fish was very good and my chicken stew was also very tasty. My stew was a little saltier than I would have liked. I always feel the kitchen should err on the side of caution and under-salt food rather than over-salt it. But none-the-less it was edible and I enjoyed it. I just drank alot of water later that evening. The service was very good and we even had a chance to speak to the owner/chef before ordering where he explained the items on the menu that we were interested in. I would definitely go back the next time I'm in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

I wrote a review under my other account but it did not go through so here we go again. La Fonda Boricua is located in Middletown NY on the corner of 211 and Whickam. The area is not great and feels sketchy. the restaurant id small and has nothing special in terms of decoration. I never say there to eat.. I always get my good to go and honestly it is amazing. Great choices for Puerto Rican food made fresh. Friendly staff and very good price. A must try.

2  Thank ebu55
Reviewed 2 April 2015 via mobile

La Fonda Boricua is located on 211 and Wickham in Middletown NY. Small place, sketchy location with just a few tables but the food is amazing. If you are looking for great Puerto Rican food in the area then you must try this place. I recommend to get your food to go. They have rotisserie chicken with Spanish spices, feiwd plantains and the rice and peas is excellent. Prices are around 10 dollars for a meal. You Will not regret it. They have family meals to go than can easily feed four people

Thank EL HADJI IBRAHI... G