“Excellent dinner in charming old country store”
Review of Stedman Corners

Stedman Corners
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Mayville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017

While Stedman Corners Cafe is apparently better known for its breakfasts, we -- my wife & I and another couple -- all very much enjoyed our dinner in this rustic old country store. The regular dinner selections were all delicious and very well prepared, but more importantly for those who want a good burger, the hamburger was among the very best that I have eaten in over 6 decades of enjoying burgers & fries throughout the country. Service was excellent and the prices were more than reasonable. We would be delighted to dine again at Stedman Corners.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Close by Chautauqua town, I wanted to try the breakfast, which is my most important daily meal. Certainly the restaurant is an eclectic, fun atmosphere, housed in a 100 year old building. The breakfast was not bad, but not really memorable. With the exception of a very tasty homemade biscuit, all was pretty run of the mill. The coffee, above all, needs to be better. It is worth a try, maybe I caught them on a bad day, and perhaps you would like it more than I.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stopped for lunch and had a most enjoyable time. The sandwiches were excellent and the service was timely in all respects. It's too bad it is not open for more dinners each week; we would go.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on our way out of town for a quick breakfast. Great coffee, breakfast sandwiches, and the hollandaise sauce on the eggs Benedict was the best that I've ever had! Fresh and light and lemony! Friend had amazing rye toast too.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We were traveling through the area and stopped in for breakfast. The eggs were nice and fresh but unfortunately the bacon was paper thin and tasteless. Hashbrowns and toast were nothing special, just average. The decor is unique and fun so it would be nice if their menu complimented the decor. Maybe some sort of homemade breads, biscuits or muffins that "grandma" used to make. The average menu just doesn't match the unique decor. Guess I was expecting more.