“Great Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have gone several times. The food is superb. Never a bad meal here. Hard to find good food in this area. We are never disappointed. Leave room for dessert. The fried cannolis are to die for.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Simply most overrated restaurant on Long Island. Loud, tables on top of each other, food average at best.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We took my dad to Pulcinella for his 85th birthday and we all had an amazing experience. The food is superb and this is coming from someone born in Italy. Portions are big and prices are reasonable. We had rice balls and grilled octopus for appetizers. My parents, very picky Italians were very pleased with the food.

My husband had the rib eye steak; at $55 it was quite a bit of food and perfectly cooked. Others in our party ordered baked ziti with meatballs and sausage, chicken parm, linguine with seafood, stuffed filet with shrimp and crab meat, chicken with eggplant and mozzarella and Portobello mushrooms. Everything was delicious.

Our food came out quickly; the server Gennaro was a sweetheart and very attentive. We enjoyed conversing with him very much. On our second visit, Oscar was our server and also very attentive and personable.

On our second visit a few weeks ago , we started with the grilled seafood salad that consisted of langostino shrimp, octopus and squid. I very rarely get pasta when we go out for dinner but was dying to try the Rigatoni Amatriciana. It was homemade rigatoni perfectly cooked al dente with pancetta, onions and plum tomatoes. They bring out the pasta in a giant cheese wheel and the pasta is mixed in the wheel so the cheese is infused with the pasta. My husband had bronzino, everything was superb.

They don’t take reservations and are completely packed on the weekends. Go on weeknights if you are not willing to wait. Pulcinella and Joanina are my favorite Italian restaurants on Long Island.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I didn't want to write a great review, I swear, but I can't help it! If I can't get a table because of the review...badda bing! The best Italian food outside of that little farmhouse just outside of Salerno! The appetizers...marone...the stuffed zucchini flowers, the stuffed dates, the stuffed me. Then there's the best pasta carbonara anywhere...then the veal sorrentino...I'm using a plunger to get it all down! Get the veal chop Parmesan! My husband and I share this monster, have the doggy bag the next night for dinner and there’s still enough for a sandwich for lunch! Just one more bite... The guitarist Santos sings my favorite Italian melodies, people at surrounding tables come to say hello! It's a party! Ciro and Carlos, if I can't get a table...this nonna will send you to your rooms! But, hey, I love you and I love Pulcinella's!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Had dinner at this local restaurant and the food was so good that I decided to cater for Christmas Eve. My husband had the bracciale with homemade pasta and I had the grilled shrimp over broccoli rabe. Both were amazing and the portions were generous. Highly recommend this place as more upscale than your local pizza restaurant

1  Thank mnewshan